Help! Bullseye!

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Help! Bullseye!

Post by 99/100 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:50 pm

I had completed the magazine safety replacement mod and had reassembled it and went to check the function and the trigger was "slack". The Bolt will fully open and the safety moves easily but when I go to release the mainspring latch it binds. I am afraid of applying any force and suspect this is due to it being cocked. Any suggestions? Okay, this crisis was resolved when I tipped it upside down trying to check the action by looking down the magazine well and inadvertently squeezed the trigger.Now that I've disassembled I can see where I didn't get the 2nd washer down to 7/16th" by looking at the hammer and sear. :roll:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:34 pm

How are you doing? I see that you've solved a few problems along the way. Is there anything that you need assistance with right now?

R,
Bullseye

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Actually I scoured the board and just took a few deep breaths before I flipped it upside down an squeezed the trigger and heard the "click". Then I re-viewed the disassembly/reassembly pics(which are superb BTW) and realized the trigger return plunger had dropped out at my feet reinserted problem fixed. Bob over at CGP had an unhappy MK III customer who tried a trigger replacement and when things didn't go well he literally hammered it apart requiring some additional parts. If he had relaxed and posted there someone would have directed him here and most likely saved his project. Oh, and Merry Christmas!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:31 pm

Well I'm very glad that you have it all worked out. Used to be a time when I could spend a lot of time online to help folks but time has a way of escaping. That is why I made the instruction pages, to help folks when they need it most and hopefully reduce the frustration factor.

R,
Bullseye

mrfcobf

Thanks Bullseye!

Post by mrfcobf » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:59 pm

Bullseye wrote:Well I'm very glad that you have it all worked out. Used to be a time when I could spend a lot of time online to help folks but time has a way of escaping. That is why I made the instruction pages, to help folks when they need it most and hopefully reduce the frustration factor.

R,
Bullseye
The only thing better than that page was having you on the phone walking me through it. After yesterday, I can take it apart and put it back together with my eyes shut (the basic stripping/cleaning that is).

Thanks again.
Bob

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:22 pm

No problem, I know you got the reassembly down now. A little practice goes a long way.

R,
Bullseye