Gp100 trigger group problem

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:22 am

Hakaman wrote:
You are probably right, but half the fun is fixing stuff that ain't broke.
What makes this statement funny is that it is most of the time true.
:)
haka
If it ain't broke it is easier to fix, unless you break it trying to fix it or launch small parts into unknown places.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:41 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
Hakaman wrote:
You are probably right, but half the fun is fixing stuff that ain't broke.
What makes this statement funny is that it is most of the time true.
:)
haka
If it ain't broke it is easier to fix, unless you break it trying to fix it or launch small parts into unknown places.
:roll:

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Got the spring from ruger and it was the right one this time.....(They sent me 2 just in case) +1 for great service from them....

dropped in the spring and everything worked just as it should, I guess i am now an "expert" at dissassembly/reassembly of the trigger group....since it works and i didn't have too many parts left over!

thanks for your help Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:25 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:Got the spring from ruger and it was the right one this time.....(They sent me 2 just in case) +1 for great service from them....

dropped in the spring and everything worked just as it should, I guess i am now an "expert" at dissassembly/reassembly of the trigger group....since it works and i didn't have too many parts left over!

thanks for your help Bullseye
If it works it really means nothing as to hoiw many parts were left over.

Definition (expert) ex is a has been and spurt is just a drip under pressure? :) :)

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:13 pm

I thought i was required to have parts left over.....they put extras in there you don't really need....... :roll:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Congrats! I'm glad it was something as simple as the wrong sized spring. You would have drove yourself crazy not knowing that there's two different sizes for those springs. Enjoy that GP!

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:58 pm

Sounds like pretty quick turnaround on the parts.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:21 am

Glad every thing is finished now. How did you trigger work come out since you got side tracked due to parts flying.

I use to work around some guys that were pulling practical jokes on each other all the time. One that comes to mind is when one was working on a rochester carb. One slipped in and threw a extra ball bearing into his parts tray. Then when he went to put it back together there was this extra part. He tore the carb apart 1/2 a dozen times trying to figure where it was suppose to go. Then he gave up and started to take it to a dealer for them to do when they told him. Needless to say he was furious. Then they got him again when he replaced a water pump in the parking lot. After he had put every thing back and did the hot pressure test he called it good and went back end. They slipped out and poured antifreeze over 1 section to look like it was leaking. Then when he came out to go go home he found the leak. They did wait around to see he reaction before telling him. They were cruel when it came to some of the pranks they pulled.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:18 pm

I should have worked the trigger since it was in pieces for almost 2 weeks... but it was good to begin with I was just tearing it down a bit to clean powder residue/gunk that had gathered there for the last 5 years of shooting it... and I wanted to try out some dry lube on the trgger group to see if it would not attract the gunk as bad... I have been looking at Iwoegen's book of Knowledge of the gp 100 and my dremel lately though....

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:33 pm

blue68f100 wrote:Glad every thing is finished now. How did you trigger work come out since you got side tracked due to parts flying.

I use to work around some guys that were pulling practical jokes on each other all the time. One that comes to mind is when one was working on a rochester carb. One slipped in and threw a extra ball bearing into his parts tray. Then when he went to put it back together there was this extra part. He tore the carb apart 1/2 a dozen times trying to figure where it was suppose to go. Then he gave up and started to take it to a dealer for them to do when they told him. Needless to say he was furious. Then they got him again when he replaced a water pump in the parking lot. After he had put every thing back and did the hot pressure test he called it good and went back end. They slipped out and poured antifreeze over 1 section to look like it was leaking. Then when he came out to go go home he found the leak. They did wait around to see he reaction before telling him. They were cruel when it came to some of the pranks they pulled.
There are names for people like that but they are not fit to use on this forum