Installing VQ kit in MKiii 22/45 hunter

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Deltamud

Installing VQ kit in MKiii 22/45 hunter

Post by Deltamud » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:48 pm

I ordered this kit and was shocked at the set of instructions that came with it. It's about the size of a business card and the print was so small I had a hard time reading it with my glasses on!

Thank goodness I had found guntalk. Bullseye's instructions and photos made it very easy. I just set my laptop on my workbench and went through his instructions step by step. I replaced the hammer, sear, and trigger and while I had it apart I disabled the LCI and replace the extractor with one from VQ. What a difference. It's like a completely new gun. I don't have a pull gauge but I would guesstamate trigger pull to 2.5 lbs and very crisp. Very little pre travel or post travel after adjusting the trigger. My next step is to remove the mag safety and I also ordered a set of grips that can be installed without grinding down the frame. Waiting for them to come in.

Thanks for a most informative forum Bullseye. I learn something new everytime I visit.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Welcome to Guntalk!

I'm glad you found the info here helpful to your situation. You wouldn't believe the number of pictures I've received over the years with someone's pistol torn apart in front of their computer with the detailed stripping pages displayed on the screen. It is a great feeling of satisfaction to make such a significant improvement to a basically good pistol with just a little bit of extra effort. I'm sure that you've also gained a good working knowledge of the operating parts of your pistol from your tear down experience. Next its time to go out and shoot it!

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:02 pm

Deltamud,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find Bullseye one of the most knowledgeable person/gunsmith on the www. Beside having a forum with some the the best users around, they will make you feel right at home. I think most of them are retired old persons, like me.......

btw. I think most all of us have used his guides to do our own work and learn about the inter workings of our guns. I know I did the first time I broke my MKIII down.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

greener

Post by greener » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:03 am

Welcome to the forum.

Bullseye's instructions do demystify the process and make it easy to tune the 22/45. I didn't have a laptop and wireless when I did my first one, so my computer desk became my workbench.

Enjoy your "new" pistol.