Why don't they make.....or do they?

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

Why don't they make.....or do they?

Post by Jack D » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:02 pm

....a trigger shoe with adjustments. I did a search of the net and can't find one. I quickly designed one and sketched it out around my Ruger 22/45 MKIII trigger. Photo below. Then I did a patent search and found it was patented in 1965. Patent has long since expired, so is in the public domain now.

Jack
Ruger SP101, 3", .357, CT laser
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser
Ruger 10/22 Deluxe, scoped
H&R Handi, .357 customized, laser, red dot, scope, weapon light, bipod
Benjamin-Sheridan, 5mm (.20), scoped.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Jack Volquartsen and Marvel both make triggers with pre and overtravel screws in the at a nominal price. Your trigger already has an overtravel screw in it, but you have to pull the trigger up and out a ways to adjust it. You can also drill and tap your present trigger for a pre travel screw. See some of Bullseyes stickies it must be there someplace.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

Post by Jack D » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:16 pm

bearandoldman wrote:Jack Volquartsen and Marvel both make triggers with pre and overtravel screws in the at a nominal price. Your trigger already has an overtravel screw in it, but you have to pull the trigger up and out a ways to adjust it. You can also drill and tap your present trigger for a pre travel screw. See some of Bullseyes stickies it must be there someplace.
I've seen them. I just thought it would be a nice option in a trigger shoe. I like trigger shoes and may put one on my Ruger. I don't think mine has an over travel adjustment screw. It is not a target model (fixed rear sight and not drilled for scope mount).
Jack
Ruger SP101, 3", .357, CT laser
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser
Ruger 10/22 Deluxe, scoped
H&R Handi, .357 customized, laser, red dot, scope, weapon light, bipod
Benjamin-Sheridan, 5mm (.20), scoped.