22/45 Slingshot Mod

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:31 pm

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:You know, I would rather face a bear with a big stick than a snake of any kind with any weapon.
Never paid much attention to snakes. Most I've seen would rather be where you aren't if you leave them alone. Used to fish in a pond that had a number of cottonmouths. At one area, if the snake was on a log sunning himself, the fish would bite. If you didn't see the snake, fish somewhere else. Never thought about shooting it.

Cottonmouths will come to a light. Many years ago my Dad and I were harvesting bull frogs at night. I heard 4 rapid fire shots from his .22 bolt action and a passel of cussing. When I got there he was kicking one as it struck while trying to clear the jam in his rifle. I did shoot that one. We didn't gig frogs, we used .22 hp's. Much easier to take care of snakes.
If they don't bother me, I won'y bother them. No sese in killing a good rodent eater.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

J.gerard

Post by J.gerard » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:13 pm

After removing the detent from the bolt release I took the spring from the mag disconnect, opened up the "U" bend on one end to an "L" bend, cut the other leg down so it does not stick up past the edge of the lower receiver, pushed the front trigger pin in just enough to slide the modified spring between the left side of the lower receiver and the bolt release with the "L" bend over the top of the bolt release and the other leg of the spring up against the frame right near the upper receiver attach lug. Works surprisingly well.

I put a Volq-trigger kit and MK II bushing in my pistol so I didn't need the mag disconnect spring anymore.

Jason

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Welcome to Guntalk-online!

That is a good modification to have a spring loaded bolt stop lever. The spring you modified now assumes the duty of the spring loaded plunger in a metal framed pistol.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:53 pm

That does seem to be a good tweek.