Hey, Bullseye

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Hey, Bullseye

Post by boomer47 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:22 pm

I just thought I would say thanks for you help over the last year.
I bought my 512 Jan. 5, 05 and, as a newbie to the Ruger, ran into the usual teardown problems. Joined the MK11.org forum and you really helped me get started.
I now have a Hunter also and as best I can tell the only original Ruger parts left in either is the sear pin, barrel/receiver,mainspring/ housing and frame. My last tweak was to follow your advice and get the Clark pin and bushing kits which just topped it all off.
Both now have a 24 oz. trigger pull,outshoot me, and are just really sweet pistols.
Also, my little mod on the firing pin still seems to be working. I'm not much of a counter as long as everything is working but I'd guess I have fired around 5500 rounds with the flattened pin and had maybe 5 ftfs that would fire on the second try,10-12 more that would not go bang in the pistols or my rifle.
Thanks again for your help and advice and I hope this year is as good to you as last year was to me.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:08 pm

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone or they'll all expect me to help them out too! :wink: LOL, just kidding, I'm glad that everything is working well for you. Yes, the last year went very well for me and thank you for your well wishes. Here's hoping this next year goes just as smoothly as the last for you and for me.

R,
Bullseye