Guy catches .50 cal bullet richochet to head

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Guy catches .50 cal bullet richochet to head

Post by jaeger45 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:54 am

I wonder what y'all can say about this Youtube clip showing a guy shoooting a .50 cal rifle and the bullet doing a perfect about-face with the 180-deg ricochet knocking -- no, not his block off, but the earmuff of the bloke off?

Note also the comments of another poster re steel targets and ricochets. Now, I don't know about the rest of you but so far, I'd shot at steel targets at 50 ft using only .45 lead SWC's using light plinking loads only, so I think I'm safe there.

P.S. Perhaps, I should end my post with"I hope", after that video. :lol: :lol: :lol:
KIMBER45 wrote:Can this be true???

Guy catches .50 cal bullet richochet to head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laSRfJ8WgwQ
BasinBictory wrote:What a dumbass. First off, he's shooting at a steel target (you can hear the "clink" immediately following the rifle's report), second he's shooting at it from a distance of about 100 yards, which is like shooting a pistol at arm's length.

Isn't one of the main firearm safety rules "know your target." and "Do not shoot at rocks, hard surfaces, or water?"

Would have been better if this guy got hit in the balls, so he couldn't pass his dumbass gene on to the next generation.
http://progunfilipino.20.forumer.com/vi ... =1948#1948
A bad shot is often caused by a loose nut behind the buttplate

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:06 am

Sure looks real. You can hear the projectile hit the metal target and scream through the air after the bullet is deformed. Plus, just before it strikes the shooter's ear muffs, it strikes the ground approximately 20 feet in front of the shooting bench and skips upward. That guy was sure lucky on that shot. They may have had the metal plate angled in some way and that caused the bullet to deflect backwards without too much loss of energy. It had plenty of energy left to do some serious damage had it struck flesh. I'll bet he had to change his shorts. :shock:

R,
Bullseye

Tbag
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tbag » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:25 am

Oh how that had to hurt.

copdills

Post by copdills » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:41 am

Man he's lucky that didn't leave a mark