M-1 Carbine Ammo

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

gabby

M-1 Carbine Ammo

Post by gabby » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:34 am

Does anyone know of a good (cheap) place to buy M-1 Carbine Ammo, 30 Cal, 110 Grain ammo?
Looking to buy a case lot.
It would have to be shipped with in the USA.
Happiness=Satisfaction over Desire

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:02 pm

Gabby, you might want to try Natchez Shooter's Supply. It's where I buy most of my ammo when I'm looking for a case or two. They have always been prompt and reliable for me and usually their prices are as good as anyone. I'm afraid that these days however, the terms "cheap" and "ammo" are mutually exclusive. :cry:

Remander

Post by Remander » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:28 am

If you find a source, buy NOW!

CMP is about to start selling surplus carbines, so demand for ammo and mags (they come w/o mags) will surely go up when those guns hit the market.

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jaeger45 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:50 pm

Blindpig wrote:Gabby, you might want to try Natchez Shooter's Supply. It's where I buy most of my ammo when I'm looking for a case or two. They have always been prompt and reliable for me and usually their prices are as good as anyone. I'm afraid that these days however, the terms "cheap" and "ammo" are mutually exclusive. :cry:
I find those two terms to be good partners when it comes to Russian ammo. Be prepared however to have the stink of varnish in your nose as you blast away. And I use them just for that- blasting with my AK-clone and my SKS. (Hey, my doctor said I need to exercise! So I exercise-- my trigger finger.)
A bad shot is often caused by a loose nut behind the buttplate

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:17 pm

jaeger45 wrote:
Blindpig wrote:Gabby, you might want to try Natchez Shooter's Supply. It's where I buy most of my ammo when I'm looking for a case or two. They have always been prompt and reliable for me and usually their prices are as good as anyone. I'm afraid that these days however, the terms "cheap" and "ammo" are mutually exclusive. :cry:
I find those two terms to be good partners when it comes to Russian ammo. Be prepared however to have the stink of varnish in your nose as you blast away. And I use them just for that- blasting with my AK-clone and my SKS. (Hey, my doctor said I need to exercise! So I exercise-- my trigger finger.)
No doubt that it's certainly acceptable to use in your AK47 and SKS. I just can't get comfortable with it in my S&W MP15.

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jaeger45 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:18 am

Blindpig wrote:
jaeger45 wrote:
No doubt that it's certainly acceptable to use in your AK47 and SKS. I just can't get comfortable with it in my S&W MP15.
I know what you mean, BP: for the same reason that I feed only (good) factory loads and my handloads to my bull-barrelled Remington 700 in .223, thank you.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:49 am

jaeger45 wrote:I know what you mean, BP: for the same reason that I feed only (good) factory loads and my handloads to my bull-barrelled Remington 700 in .223, thank you.
Man, I'll bet that's a sweet shooter! :D

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jaeger45 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:04 pm

Blindpig wrote:
jaeger45 wrote:I know what you mean, BP: for the same reason that I feed only (good) factory loads and my handloads to my bull-barrelled Remington 700 in .223, thank you.
Man, I'll bet that's a sweet shooter! :D
A tack driver, BP, thank you!

With my loads, at 100 yds, I get 1/2" MOA's. (A thought just came to mind: I really should try it with commercial ammo and see what I get, but I'm such a penny-pincher I haven't fired any of my years-old .223 factory loads, hehehe...)