.300 Ultra Work in Progress

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Waffen

.300 Ultra Work in Progress

Post by Waffen » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:21 pm

I figured I would try to add some life to this forum with some pictures of my work in progress:

Remington 700 Sendero in .300 Ultra Mag
Rifle Basix Trigger
Harris Bi-Pod
Glass Bedded HS Precision stock
Weaver Bases
Warne Medium 30mm mounts
Leupold 8.5-25x50 VXIII Long Range

http://home.austin.rr.com/mikesguns/Leu ... unted1.JPG

here is an earlier pic with a 6.5-20x40 Varix-III that has now moved to my 22-250.

http://home.austin.rr.com/mikesguns/UltraMag2.JPG

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:33 pm

Very nice! I'll bet you don't want to cheat up on the scope with that baby. :shock: Get a nice scope kiss from doing that.

Reloading on the kitchen table? Hmmm, you better be single because I'll bet that goes over real well with your better half if your not. :?

R,
Bullseye

Waffen

Post by Waffen » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:36 pm

hehe, nope I just married the girl two days ago, I guess thats a good test on how to find a good one.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:51 pm

Congratulations on your recent marriage! Two days ago, I'm surprised you have any time to play on the computer. :D

I know what you mean about the test. I took my bride out to the range for our second date, had she not liked it, there wouldn't have been a third date! :wink:

R,
Bullseye

Waffen

Post by Waffen » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:11 pm

hehe, just to add to it we "honey mooned" at the skeet range today for a corporate event I organized. I didn't even hear a complaint! Either she's a good one or I'll hear about it in spades in a few years. :twisted:

Hehe, and to add to this, we just bought a new house so I finally got that dedicated reloading room i've always wanted. NO MORE KITCHEN TABLE!!

http://home.austin.rr.com/mikesguns/Rel ... 20Room.Jpg

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am

Well it sound like you've got a keeper all right! She's particularly keen about convincing you that you got the reloading room that YOU wanted. :wink: You don't think it might have had anything to do with her not wanting reloading equipment in the dinning room? You know that constant ping in the vaccuum cleaner as an everpresent wayward spent primer gets sucked up out of the carpet.

That's a very nice reloading room. If you don't already have one, consider getting a Dillon case/media separator. Really makes getting the cleaned cases out of the media a snap.

Here's another Dillon product I highly recommend if you reload once fired military brass. The Super Swage 600 makes seating primers in crimped brass a much easier task. No more crushed primers or hand chamfering with this tool.

You're going to have a great life with your new wife. Mine always says, "I chased her untill she caught me." Remember that, when your contemplating who's in charge.

R,
Bullseye