H&R Buffalo Classic

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

keithj
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

H&R Buffalo Classic

Post by keithj » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:31 am

Been thinkin off doing some long range shooting ,the old fashion way. With a H&R Baffalo Classic in 45/70 .Anyone out there have this gun and or do this style of shooting ? Would really love to have a sharps rifle but the one I want is like 1800.00 and its used so the H&R will have to fit the bill or I just wont buy it. Theres a local club Near my home that shoots 200,300,400 yd shilouette with such typle rifles ..............sounds like some good fun to me
Keith

recumbent
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by recumbent » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:12 pm

I've never owned one but have shot a friends Sharps in 45/70.
When you hit the 500 yard Ram with that big lead bullet they make a nice "Ringing" sound and the satisfaction is Great............ :D

If you get a 45/70 you'll have fun shooting at those little steel silhouettes.
"I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions."
- Kwai Chang Caine -

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:54 am

I decided in June of this year to get into 22RF Bench Rest 50 yard shooting to include matches. Like you I had an active club approx 70 miles from me. So, I made contact and received a quick invitation to come visit. I made a new circle of great friends and was able to shoot many different platforms so that I found out that BR 22 was really something that I wanted to pursue. I've saved a lot of money by good people showing me what works(equipment,rifle,ammo) in the first place as opposed to buying the wrong thing and having to take a loss to buy the correct gear. So, make contact with that club and go see what it is really about. They will know if that H&R will work, and at what level before you have to suck up and spring for the Sharps. You will also find out if your shoulder will tolerate a full course of practice/matches with the Big 50 8)
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

300savage99

Post by 300savage99 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:09 am

THE ONLY THING i DO OT LIKE IS THE BUTT STOCK. WOULD PREFER A RUBBER BUTT PAD

scratchmark

Post by scratchmark » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 pm

i've installed a recoil pad on my handi rifle in 45-70 and it made a big difference