Took Henry to the range today

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Took Henry to the range today

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Well here in Michigan it was sunny about 70F and just little windy about Noon, so we took Henry out to the range so he could play and of course Bear the range dog had to go also. Nice thing about 12 minutes to the range is e can go play for half hour to an hour and not have to leave Ma at home alone too long. We shot it with the standard rear and the HiViz front yesterday and it is a great 25 to 30 foot pinker gun, We had an extra scope laying around so last night we put that on Henry's back. Hod one of the 10/22's that needed sighting in also, just a stocker with trigger work, We got that done and just shot Henry a little because we had left the ammo we wanted home on the bench. Here are the resullts 10 shots each of Eley Sport and Fiocchi #22CRN. Henry has a good trigger, no creep or slop and quite crisp for a low price gun, a little on the heavy side but stopped at my smith on the way home and he said not much can really be done. Other than heavy the trigger is great with very little pre or over travel. Image Image Not bad for an old man with a new gu, 10 shots of each ammo at 25 yards, 2 shots and adjust scope, reload with other ammo, adjust scope and another 10 rounds. Those circles are 3/4 inch diameter. These 2 ammo's have shot very well in a lot of my guns so I stick with them, wish there was local dealer though.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Congratulations... glad you and 'Hank' got to have some fun,
(it looks like He was shooting better than you were).

Once nice thing about Michigan... you always know it's spring
when you see the first deer running thru the yard...

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:36 pm

Toy, the more intelligent deer now use snowshoes and the more affluent ride Yamaha snowmobiles. They were not always the fastest but they would usually be running when the others quit. OK so all them years as a YAMAHA service tech have prejudiced me. Hank csn shoot, the operator has been known to have problems.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.