Sights for Ruger P345

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

DancesWithSquirrels
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Sights for Ruger P345

Post by DancesWithSquirrels » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:13 am

I'm shooting a Ruger P345 in IDPA locally. Love the gun and I'm happily using it in SSP understanding the tradeoffs of using it against all the 9's in that class. I mainly shoot IDPA for my own training and practice so I don't much care about how I do compared to other folks.

But I need to try and get some sights that are more visible to my aging eyes. Does anyone know of anyone making aftermarket sights for the P345? It has a very non-standard dovetail in the rear and I'm not sure about the front either. The stock sights are just too hard for me to pick up under pressure conditions.

DWS

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:46 pm

That model handgun comes with 3-dot sights which typically are made for quick aquisition on a combat gun. If you're having trouble seeing these then perhaps a monofiliment sight like Williams Fire Sights may help. They advertise on their website that their sights fit all "P" series pistols (except P-85). They can be found at http://www.williamsgunsight.com/pistol.htm.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

DancesWithSquirrels
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

TX

Post by DancesWithSquirrels » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:26 am

Bullseye,

Thanks. I'll give them a look. On the new P345 Ruger is using a very wide dovetail. I don't think it is the same as on the other P series guns. But the front dovetail is probably the same. The three dot sights that are stock are probably fine for most younger folks. Although the dots are not as bright as I've seen on some other guns. But I do think that something fiber optic will help a lot even if it is only in front.

I'll check out the Williams web site.

DWS

Hawkeye

P345 sights

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:22 pm

Dances, I picked up a P345 a month ago and like it a lot. I too am having a little trouble with the sights with my bi focals. A guy at the range the other day let my shoot his S&W 357 with fiber optic sights and I couldn't believe how much better they were. I looked at the Ruger web site in the accessories section and they seem to have a set of fiber optic sights for the P series for $25. Catalog # 84148, part # 84148. I did a search for sights for the 345 and came up with your post. Hope this helps. Would also like to chat and get your input on this gun. Tom