Swift scope

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Swift scope

Post by charlesb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:11 pm

I have been using Swift brand stereo microscopes for years, and recently noted that they are making sporting optics, now.

I knew that my self-repairing TC contender would do well with a scope, so I decided to give Swift a try, ordering a 4X 32mm handgun scope in silver. ( The contender is stainless. )

( Click image to see it bigger. )

When it showed up, I was surprised and pleased to see that it came with a sun-shade. It also came with lens protectors, reminiscent of a .22 scope, with clear yellow plastic see-through parts and two elastic bands.

I put it on a .22 match barrel, so I can't say that I gave the scope much of a workout, recoil-wise. It was easy to get sighted in though, and made the pistol deadly on discarded shotgun hulls that litter our pistol range.

Hindsight tells me that a 2X scope would have been a lot more shootable without a rest... With a rest though, the 4X scope does just fine. If I really concentrate, I can stand up on my hind legs and shoot it but it is kind of trying. - Lots of apparent wobble to contend with, that doesn't bother me so much with a 2X scope.

I like the Swift handgun scope, the image is crystal clear, and am thinking about one of their riflescopes for an upcoming project that I have in mind. - But I'll get the next one in black, instead of silver.

Good scope, and the price isn't too bad. Swift is an old company that has been producing fine laboratory optics for years and years. They do OK on the sport optics, too.
Last edited by charlesb on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Nice looking setup. The scope looks right at home. :wink:
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911