Ruger LC9 trigger pull

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:25 am

Didn't you promise her the same thing 34 years ago? Or was that you would not GO to the sugar Bowl for several months?

It seems you.and the Sugar Bowl have long term issues........
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:33 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:Didn't you promise her the same thing 34 years ago? Or was that you would not GO to the sugar Bowl for several months?

It seems you.and the Sugar Bowl have long term issues........
I had tickets to the Sugar Bowl (Alabama-Penn State). All I recall is spending most of New Year's Eve hanging out in a hospital Labor room, stopping by the maternity ward the next day with flowers before going to the game. Don't recall any promises.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:10 pm

Fired a new SR9 today. The trigger pull was lighter than mine. Very nice trigger and the gun shot very well.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Dry-firing the LC9 here involves moving the slide for each dry-fire. I did it for a while, but finally gave up on dry-firing, it's too much trouble.

I'm going to look into the improved trigger. The long-hard trigger pull does not engender confidence in making an accurate shot.

Having said that, I like the gun's feel, and its handling qualities. I like the way it looks, too.

My son originally bought the gun, decided that he wanted a blocky-looking Kahr .45 auto instead, and passed it on to the old man for a belly gun.

Can't complain about a freebee!

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:43 pm

The long trigger pull is a safety. It is also like a DA revolver. My LC9 shoots high, but since I've figured out were the front sight needs to be it works ok. Yesterday I put a mag in a 2" circle at 7 yards, long trigger pull and all. Figured that was all the practice I need. Besides, as someone from NE Michigan would remind me, that gun is a point shooter.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:33 am

point shooting is fine but you sometimes need deliberate aimed fire.....

not to start a point shooting vs sighted fire debate! a mix of both are important.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne