1911 Poly

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Post by greener » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:What kind of comparison do you want? I've got a Sig p226 9mm that I was issued at my first police job, that went through ten years of part timer cops before I got it. And I shot the bejeezus out of it. I also have a glock 22c that I carried for 9 years that was issued so someone before me. It has been shot a lot as well. Other than cosmetic rings and honest wear on the finish. Both have held up mechanically perfectly. And there have been zero cracks in either's frames. The glock had a broken pin that holds the trigger group in, but that's it for issues as far as broken parts.

Let me know if you need any other long term comparison info.
Most of the "police trade in" Glocks I've seen have cosmetically looked ratty. Not sure how they are mechanically. Steel trade-ins tend to look better most of the time, however, I've seen some that were well-holster worn. If I were buying used, I really wouldn't worry about cosmetic wear. The ones (tupperware and steel) I've bought new are never going to get enough wear to worry me.

If you've been working long enough to have guns that long, one if us is getting really old.

PS. The Sig, is too worn out for you. I'll take it in for disposal to save you the trouble. :lol:

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 am

That Sig has the best trigger of any service pistol IMHO, out there.......you can't have it.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne