Walther PPQ

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Walther PPQ

Post by greener » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Got to fire one today. Excellent feel. Gets on target easily and quickly. Very nice trigger reset. The owner had fired my M&P9 and had almost talked himself into getting an M&P. Got this instead. Seems to be between the full size and compact polymer pistol genre.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:28 am

Looks like Walther has its sights set on narrowing Glock's defensive pistol market share.

R,
Bullseye

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 am

The PPQ is a nice pistol, by all accounts.
For some reason it attracts the "first gun" crowd, leading to some really odd threads over on waltherforums. Stuff like "oh no, I have big dents in the finish!" = brass dings near ejection port
Walther has obviously done a good job marketing it after good R&D, I think they distilled everything people liked about the P99 variants and put out a simpler single model.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I've got the smith and wesson version on the p99, the SW99, and its a very nice handling pistol, decent accuracy (service pistol type), good trigger, good ergos. the PPQ is supposed to be better, it is a good looking pistol.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

keithj
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by keithj » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Ive shot this gun.....I like it....makes for a great EDC piece....when I was lookin for my EDC it was a choice between the G19 and S&W M-P 9c...if this gun was out then it would have ben a contender as well.....I ended up with the glock 19...not disappointed..but any of the combat tuperware is nothin to really get worked up about.....but this gun feels great in the hand and shoots very well....trigger was better than a glock easy.....but how clean does a trigger on a carry gun really ned to be...again..if this was option at the time......the end result may have been different....it is worth a look if your lookin...1 point of interest ..at least my glock handled 147's better than the walther....but the walther showed a clear preference for Gold Dot 124+p ....pretty equal in my book....

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:34 pm

It's incredible how many new carry guns are be manf'd. Looks like the PPQ has a lot of interesting items about it, according to the picture. I sense their are qc issues because of the mass production and employee cut backs. I still like my Kahr PM-9 due to it's size (compact) and shootability. I am the type who will not carry a pistol if it's too large and cumbersome. My prerequisites are that it must be small enough to 'wear' where it can't be seen or it's weight is a constant reminder to me. IOW's, it must be small enough to allow me to forget it's there.
haka