help me spec out a pin-shooting .45acp gun

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Biggjimm » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:26 am

What is centerfire systems price? Their website is down or something, I can't pull it up. Also there's a new gun store in town that just opened this week & my neighbor was telling me this evening of how the guy said he could get just about any hard to find guns because he placed a $140,000 order with some big distributor or whatever so I'm going to go check him out tomorrow & see if he's legit or just bumping his gums. I'll try to let you know something tomorrow.
In youth we learn,
In age we understand.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:24 am

RIA's 6" is showing a $699.99, 5" tactical model is $499.99, and the 5" mil-spec is running $399.99.

R,
Bullseye

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Biggjimm » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:48 am

Just left the new lgs & he said he can get the tactical for $639.00 but it didn't specify barrel length for some reason??? He's gonna check with his supplier & see what the deal is.
In youth we learn,
In age we understand.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:40 am

if your local guy is talking about 6 inch for $639 I'm in. I'll get a copy of my receiving FFL's paperwork to him via EMail today ... for 6".
I have a feeling he is talking about 5 inch tactical, which is a nice gun, but not what I'm looking for yet, and is something I can find locally.

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Biggjimm » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Do you know what the part or stocking # for the 6" tactical model is? Then I could clarify & he might could find it easier because I think that you're right. His inventory screen didn't specify barrel length & I can only locate a "match" model in 6" on centerfire systems web page. The correct # could be punched in to his system & take all the guess work out of locating this elusive gun. Biggjimm.
In youth we learn,
In age we understand.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Biggjimm wrote: I can only locate a "match" model in 6" on centerfire systems web page. The correct # could be punched in to his system & take all the guess work out of locating this elusive gun. Biggjimm.
The 6" as a centerfire exclusive was the biggest production run that I'm aware of - otherwise it was a few here and a few there, at least in the US. Oh, and a few got made as Armscor insider bonus items with special serial# runs (I don't expect to find one of those) and quite a few were made from 5" models, but RIA doesn't have the slides/barrels to upgrade any more (or I'd send in my xt22 frame to get pimped out as a 6" .45acp match gun AND my .22lr pin gun)

So I don't have the SKU number or unique ID, and that's half the problem. I'm mostly counting on finding out where the 6" guns go straight from ArmscorUSA next time a batch comes in, with the backup plan of upgrading a government frame if just the slides/barrels come in (the 6" is popular overseas as well, they are getting made once in a while)

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Biggjimm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 am

Oh, I see. That explains why my guy was saying hes not showing the 6" available at all. He has several distributers he goes thru & he is checking w/ them to see if there is one laying around somewhere. I'll let you know if he has any luck. Biggjimm.
In youth we learn,
In age we understand.