Astra Star 25 ACP, circa 1915

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Buttonwood Bob

Astra Star 25 ACP, circa 1915

Post by Buttonwood Bob » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm

I need grips and a slide spring assembly for an old, but serviceable gun my dad brought home from France after WWII. About 20 years ago, my guns in an outbuilding were broken into, some taken, some dissembled, and parts scattered. (Likely kids.) I can't get a response from Bob's Gun Parts...maybe very busy, but all of a sudden I'm eager to get it back together. Any recommendations for parts?

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:21 pm

I would try Numrich arms.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Good luck!

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:41 am

Lee Gun Parts would be a good option to try. 972-790-0773

He is only open 3 day a week and it hard at times to get through.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Buttonwood Bob

Post by Buttonwood Bob » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Thanks, guys. Bob never got back to me, though I wrote more than once. Numerich obviously runs a good business but lo, emails are returned with directions to order. I sent pictures hoping to help and confirm. My hopes are now with Lee's. Lee takes calls three days a week. My next opportunity is Tuesday. This is Saturday. :-/ I'm guessing that gunsmithing is a busy line of work. Lot's of guns, of all ages, getting lots of action at ranges. Anyone else have a source in case Lee can't help?

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Buttonwood Bob wrote:Thanks, guys. Bob never got back to me, though I wrote more than once. Numerich obviously runs a good business but lo, emails are returned with directions to order. I sent pictures hoping to help and confirm. My hopes are now with Lee's. Lee takes calls three days a week. My next opportunity is Tuesday. This is Saturday. :-/ I'm guessing that gunsmithing is a busy line of work. Lot's of guns, of all ages, getting lots of action at ranges. Anyone else have a source in case Lee can't help?
You might try Dick Williams Gun Shop in Saginaw Michigan, he has loads of old gun parts in stock, 989-777-1240 http://www.dickwilliamsgunshop.com/
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Bob, Lee knows his inventory very well. He deals in surplus parts. I think some of his parts comes from destroying guns after salvaging usable parts. The reason I know this is because I was after a part for a BHP that Browning does not sale. In order to get the part the frame had to be destroyed. He seems to have a lot of old obsolete gun parts.

He normally ships the same day using USPS.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Buttonwood Bob

Post by Buttonwood Bob » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks, Blue. I contacted Lee, and sadly, he doesn't have the parts.
I've contacted two other purveyors of vintage parts. One said, "Sorry, no." The other simply replied, "No." There must be someone out there? I'd bet my Red Ryder BB gun that they are the same parts used in later model Astras, and maybe the Colt that look suspiciously identical. All suggestions are eagerly wanted.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Buttonwood Bob wrote:Thanks, Blue. I contacted Lee, and sadly, he doesn't have the parts.
I've contacted two other purveyors of vintage parts. One said, "Sorry, no." The other simply replied, "No." There must be someone out there? I'd bet my Red Ryder BB gun that they are the same parts used in later model Astras, and maybe the Colt that look suspiciously identical. All suggestions are eagerly wanted.
Did yo try Dick Williams Gun Shop?
989-777-1240
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Buttonwood Bob

Post by Buttonwood Bob » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Sounds familiar. I'll check. Thanks for your help. I like your dog. :-)