Birdshead

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Birdshead

Post by Hakaman » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:55 pm

ImageImage
Over the last couple months, I have made a few change outs in my collection to get rid of a 3 hg's I didn't want,
and to get 3 I wanted. I like the rimmed cartridge, it seems to be easy to headspace easy for reloading. I also
seem to have an interest in revolvers, they have a historical cowboy attraction to me. The latest purchase
seems to be the most unique of the lot, a Ruger New Vaquero Birdshead 45LC Talo limited edition. Simply, what
a great shooter. I shot 50 rds yesterday with a stiff loaded 45LC and it felt like a 357mag going off, just what I was
looking for. Appears to be quite accurate. It also attracts a lot of attention with it's classic cowboy appearance, as
several shooters want a look and feel at the range. Anybody looking for a unique, good looking, good shooting revolver,
I would recommend it (fwiw). Haka

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Nice looking revolver.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Nice looking pistol. I like .45 colt. You can load them from pitty pat to oh wow and get pretty good accuracy.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:18 pm

greener wrote:Nice looking pistol. I like .45 colt. You can load them from pitty pat to oh wow and get pretty good accuracy.
There is something nice about the rimmed cartridge, it seems to reload so easily. It also headspaces simple. Just drop it in, and it slides into position with a positive, visible stop. Like the 38sp, there are many loads you can work up.

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:39 am

Impressive looking pistol Hak, thank you for posting it because I now have a reason to go to the gun store once again :roll:

glockeyed

Post by glockeyed » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm

gcp wrote:Impressive looking pistol Hak, thank you for posting it because I now have a reason to go to the gun store once again :roll:
me too, im not a revolver fan, but a sucker for a birdhead grip!

greener

Post by greener » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:46 pm

H'man does have good tastes when it comes to firearms.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:07 pm

It compliments the arsenal nicely. This has got to be one of the most unique looking revolvers out there.
The grip feels good in the hand. I shot some peppy 45lc's thru it the other day and the recoil was powerful,
but very comfy. Fun gun.

The range report I have is very positive with this gun. I feels "Ruger solid" in
the hand, and is amazingly accurate. There were a few flyers that were
my fault, but at 30 ft I was grouping at two inches. The grip is plenty large enough
for my larger then avg hand, and the curve makes it feel very comfortable. If anyone
is looking for a 45LC revolver I surely would include this one as an option.
Haka