Any one own a Kimber 1911?

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:52 am

The first thing after a good clean/lube with Eezox I loaded the new mag and several mags I had gathered over the years with a mix of ammo. The mix included some of my old lead comp and different brands of HP,etc. All fed without drama so I loaded with Win White Box and 15 yard groups were excellent thanks to a very tight fit of slide/frame and bushing teamed with a great out of the box trigger. I also like the Novacs and felt no need to replace them. I use the CMC Eight Round Power Mags and recommend them. This 1911 is approx three years old. Regards

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Fri May 29, 2009 12:33 am

Eddie-A.......I own 3 Kimber pistols two of them are stainless models in the target version and the cut down carry version. The other is a blued model long slide, all in 45acp.

I have read on other forums about Kimbers chopped models giving customers problems and their quality control not being up to par. However, I can not say that myself. All my Kimbers shoot flawlessly at the range with never a malfuction no matter what ammo I have used.

I can tell you that they are the most accuracte 45acp model 1911 out of the box. You will have to spend twice the money to be able to find another factory brand production pistol that shoots as accurate as the KIMBER. I also do NOT like alloy in my 1911 model pistols. My carry gun with 3.5 inch barrel shoots 1.5 inch groups at 25 feet with 230 grain hardball ammo.
It shoots one ragged hole using 185 grain hollow points! You only get what you pay for in a pistol.

Hi Ball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hi Ball » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:06 am

Eddie-A.....I went to the range the other day with the wife, also took along a Kimber of mine, one of the very first carry guns they made several years ago. I don't see as good anymore, so I only shot it at 15 ft away ok. Now this particular pistol always shot 1 inch low at 21 ft.
I managed to placed 4 shots touching one another and two about 1 inch away from the stacked group. The Kimber stainless target model I have will shoot 2 inch groups at 25 yards all week long.

Sparks134

Post by Sparks134 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:19 pm

I've got a Stainless Custom II and can't say enough about it. As far as magazines, *1 on the CMC and Wilson Combat 47d's. Also the Tripp Research Cobra Mags work real well. I've also got 2 Kimber mags that I've put Wolf springs in and has eliminated all my magazine problems.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:25 pm

Alls I got is a Taurus PT1911. I have rented the Kimber Desert Warrier at the range and it shot great. Even with me on the trigger!
Haka