Bodyguard 380

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Well,,,,,,did you take it home?
I guess I shouldn't say anything, I just brought home a new Rem 1100 shotgun. Just the same, I think he's over due.
H

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Nope. Got me one of them pocket sized mouse guns.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

on shooting with laser sights

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:36 am

I've been thinking on the use of laser sights for a couple hours tonight..... Now, I've never been in a a gunfight, shootout etc. but I have used laser sights multiple times shooting a TASER under stress in a fight a time or four. What I can sy for certain is that under stress the red laser dot is easier to see than sights and is much faster to aquire. It also givs a higher "hit percentage" which is good because the TASER X26 is a single shot weapon.

now if you can equate Taser use under stress of a physical fight to the stress of a Self defense shooting. then I would say that a Laser sight has the advantage over all other types in close range-fast reaction shooting.

your mileage may vary, but thats my experienc wth it.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Good points Mr. Brgreener ! In my mind, I was thinking of SD in my home, when a BG has entered at night. Besides not wanting to confront him due to hazardous conflict, I wouldn't want to let him know my where abouts with a shining laser. After reading your post , it may depend on the scenario as to how advantageous they would be? Being a LEO, like you are, I have respect for what you say. After all, that's what you do. Again, with all that has been said, I am going to get a laser for my Beretta, for the fun of it.
Haka

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:08 am

Hakaman wrote:Good points Mr. Brgreener ! In my mind, I was thinking of SD in my home, when a BG has entered at night. Besides not wanting to confront him due to hazardous conflict, I wouldn't want to let him know my where abouts with a shining laser. After reading your post , it may depend on the scenario as to how advantageous they would be? Being a LEO, like you are, I have respect for what you say. After all, that's what you do. Again, with all that has been said, I am going to get a laser for my Beretta, for the fun of it.
Haka
thanks haka,
I would like to think that we who carry guns, our goal is NEVER to use them unless there is no other option. that being said if a laser dot on Mr. Badguy makes him decide it ain;t worth it, then the $$ for the laser is worth it.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 am

bgreenea3 wrote:
Hakaman wrote:Good points Mr. Brgreener ! In my mind, I was thinking of SD in my home, when a BG has entered at night. Besides not wanting to confront him due to hazardous conflict, I wouldn't want to let him know my where abouts with a shining laser. After reading your post , it may depend on the scenario as to how advantageous they would be? Being a LEO, like you are, I have respect for what you say. After all, that's what you do. Again, with all that has been said, I am going to get a laser for my Beretta, for the fun of it.
Haka
thanks haka,
I would like to think that we who carry guns, our goal is NEVER to use them unless there is no other option. that being said if a laser dot on Mr. Badguy makes him decide it ain;t worth it, then the $$ for the laser is worth it.
Well stated little Greener. My feelings exactly, carry one anytime I leave the house and hope I never have to use it.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:48 am

Hakaman wrote: I am going to get a laser for my Beretta, for the fun of it.
Haka
I've thought about one for my Beretta, as a training aid. Someone who thinks they have good trigger control finds out not when that red dot is dancing all over the target.

Something to be said for a BG needing a wardrobe change when that red dot is steady on his chest, too!
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Mountain Man

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:47 pm

This turned into a debate about laser sights and I was hoping to hear about the performance of the S&W Bodyguard on the range! Can we hear about that?
66 years of shooting - and still asking!