Maybe it was the Pearl Grips

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Okay, here's a page showing Patton's S&W and Colt SAA. They are at the General George S. Patton Museum ( gee, big surprise there) in Fort Knox, Kentucky.

http://www.bobtuley.com/georgepatton2.htm

and a few better pics on the Ruger forum:

http://rugerforum.net/gun-gallery/16719 ... -guns.html

I found a few mentions of his Colt 1903, but no photos. Maybe it got lost.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:15 pm

ruger22 wrote:
greener wrote: I think Patton carried a.45 Colt SAA and a S&W .357 with ivory handles. The movie had him saying some uncomplimentary things about folks who carry pearl-handled handguns.
I actually knew that. I was just trying to help along your one gun a month habit........ :lol:

I saw something once on History Channel, I think it was, that showed Patton's guns in a museum somewhere. Seems like he also had a Colt 1903 in his pocket? The movie shows him shooting at German Heinkel 111's with a small pistol. A little research is due here.....
If you are ever around Ft. Knox, the Patton Museum is a nice trip. For some reason the clankety-clank tank folks think very highly of Patton.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm

greener wrote: If you are ever around Ft. Knox, the Patton Museum is a nice trip. For some reason the clankety-clank tank folks think very highly of Patton.
Was it 15-16 years ago we went? That is a cool place, that and the wright patterson air museum.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Greener, it's been a good week since you got this gun, now, don't you think you're overdo for another one?
Haka

greener

Post by greener » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:12 pm

thanks for reminding me. Took bgreene's mom shooting today and she didn't like the "new" one. So, I guess I have to do something.