Ruger LCR

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Ruger LCR

Post by KAZ » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:26 am

I know that many of you own LCRs(this one is my wifes)and I thought that you might be interested in the fiber optic replacement sight. It installs exactly like the original front sight and takes about 5 minutes. Available in green or red, it makes for really fast sight acquisition. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:24 pm

That most certainly should help in acquiring a fast sight picture. Let us know how she likes it. :)

greener

Post by greener » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Different trigger pull on the LCR. How do you like it?

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:49 pm

the trigger on one I've fooled around with was long and fairly smooth, heavy but that is what you want on a snub. felt like a decent revolver, I didn't get to shoot it but my buddy says the recoil is not so bad, allegedly the polymer frame is supposed to flex a bit to take some snap out of the recoil.

Slanteyedshootist

Post by Slanteyedshootist » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:54 pm

The Hi Viz sight I installed on my LCR really helped me. I've got pretty bad eyesight, one good near and one good far, but I can now pick up the front sight and shoot with both eyes open. I also added a CT laser grip and that works very well too. The grip does send back more felt recoil but not much.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:36 pm

I've a great spouse with three personal pistols. The LCR(an anniversary present this June) sleeps under her pillow, and has been there ever since she put 5 rounds into the body mass of the silhouette target. She has a LCP in a pocket holster that is always with her, and again she has only shot it a few times at the silhouette target. Neither of us enjoy shooting the small pistols. For fun, and CCL quals she shoots her Glock G19. I make sure to stay in her good graces, and the only shots fired in anger by her so far have had to do with dispatching a rattlesnake that threatened her dog. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Slanteyedshootist wrote:The Hi Viz sight I installed on my LCR really helped me. I've got pretty bad eyesight, one good near and one good far, but I can now pick up the front sight and shoot with both eyes open. I also added a CT laser grip and that works very well too. The grip does send back more felt recoil but not much.
on good long and one good near? that darn near the perfect combo right there! :D