CCW holster

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

CCW holster

Post by 99/100 » Sat May 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Anyone have experience with either the "cross breed" or "Minotaur" holster? My brother has a minotaur as he goes between a Kahr CW9 and a Ruger SP 101 and you can change out bodies. I'm using a nylon Desantis IWB that gets the job done but leaves some things to be desired. Other holster recommendations by all means. My carry gun is an XD sub compact 9mm.
Thanks!

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sun May 30, 2010 7:15 am

I have two SuperTuck holsters, they outclassed cheap nylon or generic holsters in every way.

KHolster and Tucker gunleather make similar designs, there is an interesting IWB/OWB design at http://garritysgunleather.com/Triskel.htm# and probably hundreds of holster shops out there.

Every holster shop in the world probably has an XD mold … and a custom moles holster is the way to go, you'll never go back to generics once you have a custom job.

Don't forget a real gun belt, either.

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Sun May 30, 2010 9:24 am

What Dave said. I have mostly Bianchi and DeSantis leather, all molded. Ya can't beat it.

I hear nothing but Good Things about Crossbreed leather, and I may just have to treat myself to one. Problem is, most of my carry guns are a bit on the large side (Combat Commander and/or S&W 66 are the smallest) and not real comfy for IWB carry.
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks for the input guys. As I've been looking around I noticed that the firearms and accessories "industry" seems to be the only one NOT experiencing a slowdown.