Dan Wesson 15-2VH

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

azkmd

Dan Wesson 15-2VH

Post by azkmd » Sun May 16, 2010 11:59 am

Any thing that would make me want to shy away from a pistol pac? Model 15-2HV Monson produced. Was looking at a GP100 for PPC, but then I found, stumbled upon, a new in the box pac at such a good deal that I identified myself and told him that I'd have to run the gun before I bought it and he didn't hesitate. 8)

I probably won't use it for PPC just because of what it is, but it will not remain in it's unfired condition. :)

I've heard of the barrels being shot loose before, but if you check it before and after firing is it a concern?

I would assume that the barrels and nuts would be like choke tubes. If you keep the threads lubed and don't try and break them when installing that there isn't an issue with them becomming stuck?

No other DW's in the safes, I just hope it doesn't get lonely in there by itself. *As I look at a 44 pistol pac on GB..*

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun May 16, 2010 8:10 pm

I had one of these back in the late 1970's. It was a nice revolver in .38/357 and had a 6" vented heavy barrel. I'd probably still have it today if I didn't have a preference for the auto pistols. I never had a problem with the barrel nut loosening. It did come with a .006" feeler gauge for setting the barrel/cylinder gap.

R,
Bullseye

ronn

Re: Dan Wesson 15-2VH

Post by ronn » Sun May 16, 2010 8:44 pm

I purchased one of these in the early '70's and still have it. Great revolver, excellent trigger and extremely accurate. I bought a S&W 686 to replace it and still prefere the Dan Wesson. Never had a problem with the barrel or nut. I like the idea of being able to remove the barrel and clean it from the breach rather than the muzzle.

azkmd

Post by azkmd » Sun May 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Right now I'm liking the feel of this action, will know more after shooting.

It seems like I'm getting 4 pistols in one, but I'll probably mainly shoot the 6" and maybe scope the 8" if it shows promise with the irons.

The square butt Smith's are to big for my hands, but this feels great with the rubber grips on it.

I've got to get some rounds loaded so I can go play.:)

Even if I shoot it and don't like it, I think I can still trade it for a couple more 22's and come out ahead.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon May 17, 2010 6:16 am

Changing grips with the Dan Wesson was very simple. One screw up through the bottom of the grip holds the whole thing in place. There was a variety of grip sizes available for the model to accommodate people with varying hand sizes.

R,
Bullseye