Taurus PT738

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:59 pm

Mr Greener,
glad to see you got your gun back. Hope it works for you, 3 weeks is not bad turn around time, especially for Taurus.

I don't know if we are weak here in Michigan, but the weather is stifling right now, limiting my shooting desires. I'll just stay inside and wait it out.

93 degrees here in Michigan

greener

Post by greener » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Heard it's been raining on the western side of the state. Weather is all a matter of where you are. We've had several days above 100. Going to have a cold front tomorrow, mid-90's.

I guarantee hot weather in 2 weeks, I'll be in Michigan. Plan to bring some of this joy along with me.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Looks like Taurus fixed the problem. 13 rounds fired with no problems. Looked like about a 3" group, low left at 15 yards. Would have fired more, but 150 rounds were sitting on the reloading bench when I came back, just where I left them. :oops:

I've been reloading 95gr JHP on 4.2gr Unique. Snappy load in this little gun.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:48 pm

greener wrote:Looks like Taurus fixed the problem. 13 rounds fired with no problems. Looked like about a 3" group, low left at 15 yards. Would have fired more, but 150 rounds were sitting on the reloading bench when I came back, just where I left them. :oops:

I've been reloading 95gr JHP on 4.2gr Unique. Snappy load in this little gun.
I have found that it is not a trip to the range unless you've forgotten something.... :roll: usually its the staple gun, occasionally its the ear muffs/shooting glasses (I thought were in the car), targets have been left on the kitchen table, ammo on the bench, and my favorite was when my brother-in-law forgot the keys to all the trigger locks on every pistol in his gun box and the keys/ 9v batteries to his 2 ETRONIX rifles :oops:

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:57 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:my favorite was when my brother-in-law forgot the keys to all the trigger locks on every pistol in his gun box and the keys/ 9v batteries to his 2 ETRONIX rifles :oops:
Been there and seen that happen before, all of my guns with trigger locks have never had the key inserted in them, just in the drawer with the paperwork and they will stay ther. Years ago when I was shooting spoting clays at my home club, the first station on our course is about 200 yards or so back into the woods to the Northand then you walk a loop, East and back and then South back to the club house. We get at the first station and take our turn and one guy gets on the stand and lo and behold the key is in his car he thinks. Werll we waited for him and somee time later he did get back with an unlocked gun and we inished our round.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:02 pm

These locks were the external not internal variety, and while tose Etronix rifles shoot sweet something about a battery powered rifle that made them not catch on... his are in 22-250 and 220swift I believe

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:24 pm

Not as bad as one of my NCO's forgetting the 155 nuke training bullet required for an evaluation. He made the 1100 mile round trip to get it pretty quickly.