Airweight Review

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Airweight Review

Post by greener » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:26 pm

The new issue of Guns and Ammo had a review of S&W's 442. I thought it was well done, probably because I agreed with it. Basically, light, snubbie genre of hand guns are ones that work well for concealed carry, self defense and you aren't going to shoot them much. Basically my feeling about the 442.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/content/sw-4 ... ns/reviews

Not much oh wow factor in this review. However, the article about the Colt Woodsman .22 match Target had enough "oh, wow, I gots to get one of those" for the issue.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:41 am

I love my airweight.....I would say it qualifies as a "perfect packin' pistol" as one of the gun writers likes to say...... it is hard to beat for a BUG/CCW piece. I've carried my 442 for 8 years now, it replaced my PPK/s 380, I tried a XDc 40 and I like all three a lot to carry but my go to carry gun is my 38spl 442,...

HEADKNOCKER
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Smith & Wesson Airweight

Post by HEADKNOCKER » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:46 pm

I too have carried an Airweight Centennial S&W M642 for many years & find it's the best pocket snub I've ever had..
You find yourself carrying alot more often because of it's size & weight..
I've got Craig Spegels boot grips on both my Centennials & have also fitted a 9mm cylinder to the 642 allowing it to be a convertable between 38spl & 9mm para..
It's a great little gun & shoots realy good too boot..
I don't think you can go wrong with one..
Mine is an early 642 & it's frame is Anodized & 100% forged inerds & before they were +P rated & also doesn't have the internal lock..
Gary/Hk

S&W Centennials 940 & 642/942

greener

Post by greener » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Good looking snubs. I think I've seen your postings on the 9mm conversions elsewhere. Although I'm not a fan of putting .356" rounds down a 0.358" barrel at 15 yards or longer, I think the shorter use range of the snubbies would make it an interesting addition.