XD or Glock

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:09 pm

PS: Artillery is the King of battle because it puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
I thought this was a "G" rated forum? :wink:

greener

Post by greener » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:25 am

Hakaman wrote:
PS: Artillery is the King of battle because it puts the balls where the Queen wants them.
Cannon balls

Long time, no see. Where ya been?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:33 am

Hakaman wrote:
No, no, you are mistaken. It's not "G" Rated, it's "G" Related. "G" as in "Gun" :D

I do keep the language clean where I have to, but everyone here has a very good sense of monitoring their own levels of "sentence helpers" (i.e. expletives).

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:47 am

Bullseye wrote:
No, no, you are mistaken. It's not "G" Rated, it's "G" Related. "G" as in "Gun" :D

I do keep the language clean where I have to, but everyone here has a very good sense of monitoring their own levels of "sentence helpers" (i.e. expletives).

R,
Bullseye
Right you are my friend, this forum is over abundant with level headed people with common sense. The couple of radical troublemakers that fid get on here did not last long.
Haka, glad to hear you are still on top of the grass. :roll:
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:16 am

Haka, glad to hear you are still on top of the grass.
It's a nice place to be, on top that is. I'll have to post some pics of the new member of the family. This one's a true "enforcer". Can't explain it other then that, only pictures will justify.
Haka

Patriot First

Post by Patriot First » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:12 am

:D When I retired 12 years ago we carried glock 19 with the new york trigger,I have a gen 3 better trigger and features and makes for comfortable,concealed carry,If I had a wish for glock,a single stack little smaller than the 19 would be great to carry for exceptionally hot days when I snowbird in Florida,hope this post helps,( glock are you listening )

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:49 am

Welcome to the forum, Partriot First.

A number of the IDPA shooters around here have forsaken their Glocks for M&P9 Pro's which immediately are sent to a Smith in PA for his trigger job and tweaks. Had a long explanation form one yesterday on how much better it was than his Glock (w/target barrel and replacement trigger). He then said he hadn't enough trigger time on the M&P to shoot better than with the Glock.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:20 pm

My two favorite hg's to shoot are both S&W's. Both are very comfortable in my hand, and seem quite accurate. Ironically, I had to send both of them back to the factory for minor work, but both came back like "well oiled machines". I have only 10 hg's, but the 2 smiths are my favorite:
*M&P Pro 9mm
*686-6" 6 shot 357/38sp
I do like my Glock 34 though, but the Smith a little better. I think it all comes down to personal preference.
Haka

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 pm

I was messing last Saturday and my son and I looked at several at Bass Pro. I think the one I like best was the S&W M&P compact in .40 cal. It felt good, looked good, and just seemed very user friendly to me. Price was up with the rest of them. I thought I would like the XDm best, but the grips weren't as friendly to me. And the M&P compact is a good carry size. I doubt that I will buy one. I have a S&W .380 and a .357, which makes it hard for me to justify another one.... other than I just want one. Maybe...
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:21 pm

I debated the xd/glock/m&p decision too....I like the M&P compact best but got a deal on the xd40c... I 'd say the are equal so its up to personal preference

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:35 pm

must be "the question" I had the same one and ended up following my rule that if it doesn't feel good/right it really isn't regardless of the price. Ended up with the XD sub compact in 9mm