CZ 83

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

teejay
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

CZ 83

Post by teejay » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Anyone have experience with a CZ mod 83 in .380? Looking at one new for $480 OTD and would like some input good or bad. Thanks TJ

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Be sure to check around there's better prices available. Also ensure that .380 ammo is available in your area, there's been a shortage on that caliber most of the year.

R,
Bullseye

teejay
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

CZ 83

Post by teejay » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:33 pm

So, in your opinion besides the shortage of ammo, and a bit on the high side in your area, is this a good, dependable piece, or a gun you have to pamper? Jams at the wrong time, temperamental, prone breakage that sort of thing. Or of good report. Thanks, TJ

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Sorry TJ, my familiarity with this model is somewhat limited, that is why I only provided those generic answers earlier. Maybe someone else can fill in these other details for you.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:26 pm

List price on the CZ web site is $495. A gunshop in Richmond has a used one in good condition listed at $400, so $480 new might be an OK price. I haven't spent much time shooting .380's so I can't comment on quality, but CZ seems to make pretty good firearms.

I agree with Bullseye that you should look at the availability of .380 ammo. At best around Richmond you are limited to a box, if you can find it. I believe one of the gun shops had a sale on Ruger LCP's, had no ammo out on the shelves and would find a box behind the counter if the purchaser asked about ammo.

teejay
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

CZ 83

Post by teejay » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Well, it's $480 otd after the DOJ papers and taxes, etc. The list is $413, which is about what the auction and other gun sites are asking. Then I'd have to get an FFL and do the paperwork, so I'm thinking the price is right there, They had ammo, not much, but a box of hollow points caught my eye. In auto, I normally don't have much luck in hollow point. Rather have ball. TJ