Dirty word!!!! Dirty word!!! Dirty word!!!!

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Funnyrunner

Dirty word!!!! Dirty word!!! Dirty word!!!!

Post by Funnyrunner » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:19 am

Ya know what's the ultimate in not fair?

Just picked up my Taurus 1911SS from FFL at 5:30pm and had to be at work at 6:45!!!!

Now, it's sitting there at home feeling neglected and I am stuck here at work all night!!!

Beautiful finish on it tho and it came with Novak 3 dot sights instead of the Heinie....sure feels good in the hand too. Did manage to put the Pachmayr grips on before I had to get ready for work. Still have an STI left hand safety to put on it.

Tried to tell the boss I was feeling sick and needed to go home but had already screwed up and showed er a pic of my new pride & joy so she knew I just wanted to go home and play with it.

Anyone wiling to call work for me and tell them I am needed at home immediately cause my dog's third cousin's second child's uncle's, grandpuppy is ill????

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:55 am

Looks like you've got a good one. I can understand your urge to go out and give it a run through. Now you know what that kid with the BB gun felt like just before he shot his eye out!

I can't wait to hear how it performed for you.

R,
Bullseye

Funnyrunner

Post by Funnyrunner » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:26 am

Thanks Bullseye. I have 400 rounds waiting for it. Gonna change the ambi safety out for an STI left hand safety and then it'll be ready to give it a good work-out.
What would John Moses Browning do?

aprayinbear

That's a beauty!

Post by aprayinbear » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:01 pm

Wow... love those grips. Give us a range report when you get a chance to send a few rounds through it.

Congrats on your purchase! :lol:

greener

Post by greener » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Welcome to the forum, aprayingbear.

funnyrunner, I like the grip/stainless look. You will enjoy shooting it, whenever you get the chance.

Funnyrunner

Post by Funnyrunner » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:03 am

Finally....gotta get a chance to try it out this coming weekend.
Will post review.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:32 pm

Just picked up my Taurus 1911SS
Hey fun/run, I like the choice you made in 1911's. I have read some reviews by individuals that don't like the Taurus products, but I think they are a quality gun, especially for the price of them. More experienced individuals could probably elaborate on the subject a little more then I could, though. I have a used Taurus PT and for me, it is a great gun. Sweet looking 1911, and good luck with it,
Haka

Funnyrunner

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Post by Funnyrunner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:00 am

Finally got to the range last Saturday and put 300 rds through my PT19112 Stainless and went back Sunday for 200 more.
Totally FLAWLESS and shoots as smooth as glass. Not one hiccup!

Only problem I had was with my 58 yr old eyes and blurry sights but managed to hold the rounds within 4 inches at 25 yards...the pistol is far more capable than I am and someone with good eyes could've held them in a tighter group I am sure. The trigger pull is fantastic with no take-up at all, just smooth and crisp.

Used the 2 Taurus issue mags and 3 Chip McCormick 8 rd mags. All functioned great.

At 15 yards, it just tore one big ragged hole in the bullseye.

I like the STI left hand safety that I swapped out with the factory ambi-safety. It worked just fine and the Pachmayr grips are great also.

Anyone looking for a great 1911 should definitely look at the Taurus PT1911 Stainless. I've been shooting a lot of years and it is one of the nicest pistols I've ever fired in the 1911 model.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:16 am

Looks like you have a winner. Nice shooting. I can relate to those tired old eyes, I have the same problem.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Funnyrunner

Older eyes

Post by Funnyrunner » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:52 am

Actually I just follow Jeff Cooper's advice.
Forget the rear sight....put the front sight on the target and squeeze the trigger.
Seems to work pretty good so far. Lot quicker also.

greener

Post by greener » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:58 am

Sounds like you have a winner. I think the stainless is better than their blued finish. Also, one of their reputed weak points is the ambi-safety, which you replaced.

Good shooting

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:53 pm

Has any one shot one of taurus's 1911s in 38 super? :?: :?: :?: :?: