Uberti Cattleman

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Uberti Cattleman

Post by greener » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:00 am

The best way to catch fish is to have the first and flashiest lure when the school comes by. Taylor's did this at the Richmond Showmaster's Gun show today. Their booth was at the exhibition hall entrance and you had to walk around the booth. They also had one of the more eye-appealing booths that I've seen. Instead of rows of guns on tables, their booth was laid out to you could see, handle and compare their firearms. These folks did a fine job of setting the hook and reeling this fish in. I didn't know I needed a Uberti Cattleman (.45 Colt) until after I got into the exhibition hall. Liked the looks, feel and trigger.

Didn't run across any .45 Colt ammo at the show. Won't know how it shoots until my next range trip. Fit and finish seems to be fairly good, but not quite up to Ruger's products.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:43 am

That's a real nice looking shooter you got there.

R,
Bullseye

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Looks pretty neat and fun. My favorite part about big-bore single action revolvers is loading and unloading them. I enjoy putting the huge rounds in one at a time through the loading gate. My favorite is removing the spent cases with the ejector. I actually enjoy loading/unloading SA revolvers more than I enjoy shooting them!

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Another big sucker brought into the landing net, or gaffed?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:14 pm

bearandoldman wrote:Another big sucker brought into the landing net, or gaffed?
Landing net. Better for catch and release so the fish can be caught again.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:20 pm

Georgezilla wrote:Looks pretty neat and fun. My favorite part about big-bore single action revolvers is loading and unloading them. I enjoy putting the huge rounds in one at a time through the loading gate. My favorite is removing the spent cases with the ejector. I actually enjoy loading/unloading SA revolvers more than I enjoy shooting them!
.45 colt is a nice round to shoot. You get good accuracy over a pretty wide range of powder/bullet combinations.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:46 am

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:Another big sucker brought into the landing net, or gaffed?
Landing net. Better for catch and release so the fish can be caught again.

That fish has been caught so many time that you think he would know better by now.
Now that you have at least a couple of six shooters, you might want to get a big bore lever and a SXS, boots, chaps hat etc and join SASS. It does look like fun, you could use the handle Virginia Slim, eh? One of the local nearby club do cowboy on Wednesdays and have a very good turnout of shooters.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:04 pm

The Uberti did fairly well with 250 gr lfp and 6.9 grains of Universal. We seem to shoot a bit low and left. Another shooter did about the same. The trigger seemed to smooth out after about 50 rounds. The loads I was shooting felt a bit snappier in the Uberti than in the Blackhawk. This is a keeper. I'll run a few more rounds and different loads and bullets before I decide to drag out the file.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:36 am

Looks like a fun revolver.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:14 am

SA's are fun to shoot and I"m beginning to develop a real liking for .45 Colt. The big hole was me trying to hold the same sight picture. Some of the others were from a slightly different sight picture. The rest were just my shooting (in)ability. The Uberti may like different loads. Something to play around with.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:49 pm

that grouping is better then I can do with my rifle @ 100yards. :cry: I'll just keep on trying.
Haka