A likely story eh?

The place to discuss your favorite centerfire pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

A likely story eh?

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:46 pm

FLINT, Michigan -- A 20-year-old man was in good condition after his gun accidentally discharged while riding his bicycle last week.

A Flint police report Satuday said that the man was in good condition at Hurley Medical Center after the incident.

The man told police he was riding his bicycle Wednesday night on Davison Road, near Averill Avenue, when he hit a pothole that caused his 22-caliber revolver is discharge, shooting his leg.If you believe that I got a great deal on some bridges and some waterfront property in the desert. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:01 am

Uhhhhhh, yeah. Ooooookay...

Now ya done let all the smoke out of my BS meter...
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:39 am

He was likely playing with it and discharged it into his leg. The bicycle story sounds better than "I shot myself."

Reminds me of an old service event. One of our young MP's got shot in the leg. He claimed he was jumped on patrol and the assailants took his sidearm and shot him in the leg. It didn't take long to break that story. The powder burns, residue on his hand, angle and location of the wound told it quite differently. When faced with the facts, he quickly admitted he was playing with the pistol when it discharged and struck himself in the leg. We canceled the lock down alert and found the pistol hidden near where he was shot.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:56 am

Better to make up a story even if you know that no one will really believe it, rather than admit to having TERMINAL STUPIDITY. :o

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:25 pm

oh great... now they'll start banning "Bicycles"

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:35 pm

toyfj40 wrote:oh great... now they'll start banning "Bicycles"
They should be Toy as bicycles and motorcycles are inherently unstable, stand them there on their own 2 wheels and let them go and they will fall over every time. Told that to a cop that sopped me many years ago when I was riding my old Yamaha 350cc 2 stoke cafe racer that I had built. He stopped me and gave me a warning and told me he should ticket me for noi having my vehicle under control. Asked him, Did I fall down and he said no, told him weel I must have had it under control the, nuff said. That bike was fantastic, you could carry the front wheel a foot or so off the ground until you hit the top of third gear and it could be dialed to the height you wanted by use of the throttle. Did get rids of it before I did hurt myself as I got older and wiser. :D :D

DancesWithSquirrels
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by DancesWithSquirrels » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:10 pm

I've definitely noticed that I'm getting older. But when does the getting wiser part start? I think I'm missing out on that.

DWS

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:41 pm

DancesWithSquirrels wrote:I've definitely noticed that I'm getting older. But when does the getting wiser part start? I think I'm missing out on that.

DWS
DWS, I'm not sure if I am wise enough yet to answer that one. Although I do find myself doing less stupid things now, or at least I think so, others opinions may vary.

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:53 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
toyfj40 wrote:oh great... now they'll start banning "Bicycles"
They should be Toy as bicycles and motorcycles are inherently unstable, stand them there on their own 2 wheels and let them go and they will fall over every time. Told that to a cop that sopped me many years ago when I was riding my old Yamaha 350cc 2 stoke cafe racer that I had built. He stopped me and gave me a warning and told me he should ticket me for noi having my vehicle under control. Asked him, Did I fall down and he said no, told him weel I must have had it under control the, nuff said. That bike was fantastic, you could carry the front wheel a foot or so off the ground until you hit the top of third gear and it could be dialed to the height you wanted by use of the throttle. Did get rids of it before I did hurt myself as I got older and wiser. :D :D
Oooooooooooo. I had a '72 with clipons, rear-sets and a set of chambers. Top end wasn't all that hairy with the gearing I had, but it'd GET THERE in an awful hurry! Wore the knees out of a few sets of jeans with that one! Modulating front wheel altitude in first was darn near impossible, and you wanted to be paying attention to how much throttle you gave it in second too, especially when it hit the power band!

Good memories, and I managed to survive, which proves something about The Load and Fools...
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Toy said

Oooooooooooo. I had a '72 with clipons, rear-sets and a set of chambers. Top end wasn't all that hairy with the gearing I had, but it'd GET THERE in an awful hurry! Wore the knees out of a few sets of jeans with that one! Modulating front wheel altitude in first was darn near impossible, and you wanted to be paying attention to how much throttle you gave it in second too, especially when it hit the power band!

Good memories, and I managed to survive, which proves something about The Load and Fools...[/quote]

Mine was just about the same, it started life as a 1973 that a customer crashed and I picked up dirt cheap. Had a set of really good pipes, home made rear sets and fiberglass cafe style tank and seat, had drop handlebars much like clipons but less costly, Engine was much altered by myself and probably the best engine I ever built. Sitting over the rear wheel you never lacked for traction. Reversed the shifter and reloccated the brakes to match up with the rearsets, as a result it shifted backwards, one up and five down, sure was great for accelerating Was painted bright Corvette yellow and did attract the law officers looks and a few stops just to see the young punk, really and old man riding it. Man those were the days of my wayward middle age. :) :) :) :) :) :)

SKnight
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by SKnight » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:03 am

Speaking of motorcycles I don't think I've ever posted a picture of my death trap.

Those doughnuts in the background aren't mine. I don't believe in wasting rubber that's better burned off looking through a turn.

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Kool bumper-sticker...
err... uh... "muffler sticker".
:lol:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:37 pm

toyfj40 wrote:Kool bumper-sticker...
You did see that didn't you, you old knee dragger. Say does the speed limit apply to 2 wheeled vehicles? I always thought that 15 70 is legal for a 4 wheeled vehicle, then 140 is legal for a 2 wheeler. As many time as I did exceed the speed limit on a motorcycle I did not get stopped either of them. :D :) :) :) :)
Last edited by bearandoldman on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SKnight
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by SKnight » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:54 pm

toyfj40 wrote:Kool bumper-sticker...
Actually not a sticker, it's a metal nameplate for the muffler manufacturer. D&D mufflers, of Ft. Worth Tx.

Thanks though!

That bike was crashed about a month after that pic was taken, then a week after that both of our busted arses went 173 MPH at Roebling Road Raceway. They make no sense, but are so much fun to ride.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Yes, for damn sure. You know the track is really the place to run fast with on.
You are out there with vehicles of of about equal horsepower, you are all going fast and going to the same place, and there ain't no cars or crossroads.