Lee case trimmer

The place to discuss reloading techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Lee case trimmer

Post by charlesb » Sun May 12, 2013 2:15 pm

I tried out the Lee case trimmer and found that I liked it quite a bit.

One thing that surprised me was that once-fired .308 brass needed trimming, just as much as some .243 brass I have that has been used several times.

Years ago I used a Forster case trimmer to good effect, but I believe the Lee system works just as well, and is perhaps a bit faster when it comes to changing out the brass.

Now I need to find a way to turn the necks, every once in a while.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:13 pm

It is a nice system for trimming to a c,onsistant length, I use it for my 308 brass
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Sun May 12, 2013 6:18 pm

I was shopping for powder a while back and saw AA 2495. On the can, it said that it was developed for .308 and that some of the target guys use it. It's new to me though, have you tried that powder out?

I have some cases prepared, and will soon be loading .308 for the first time. Now I have two .308 rifles and one of them is a lever gun, so I full-length re-sized the brass. ( Couldn't remember which brass I shot out of what gun. )

I have a box of Hornady 150 grain SP's... That's the only 30 caliber bullets I have at this point, but I've got 100 of them.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 pm

I've not tried that powder, I've had really good luck with H4895 and Varget I have not tried others. Oddly enough 42.3 gr either powder with a 168gr a-max or any BTHP has given me best results ....
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne