Again?

The place to discuss reloading techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Again?

Post by greener » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:57 pm

I wandered by the reloading section on my way out of Greentop today. The primer shelves were almost bare, some rifle and magnum primers, and not many of those.

Another primer shortage?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Folks are getting nervous about what's rumbling around with the congress critters and the election. Just heard about another spree shooting in Wisconsin. That's going to get even more anti-gun people making noise with their representatives.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:39 pm

I emailed CCI this weekend. Got this response:

Bob,

It is indeed true, demand for primers now is sky high, both for component primers and factory loaded ammo. I can't tell you when we will catch up, last I heard we were something like 300 million primers back ordered in just small pistol primers alone. So it's going to take some time.

Also we do not sell direct, so I cannot tell you who has primers and who doesn't. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Austin @ CCI/Speer

I'm down to 2k spp and 3k lpp. Do I panic and start hoarding so as to beat the rush?

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:04 pm

I've got roughly 20k of .22LR and about 500 .38s. That should hold me until sometime past the election......... :D
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:34 pm

If the current administration gets re-elected they're going to be out to make all those who they felt weren't on their side pay for non support. What do you think this means for firearms issues? Remember the GOD, Guns, and Religion Speech?

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Powder Valley, INC http://powdervalleyinc.com/ has CCI SPP's for $26/1000 and the Tula for <$20/1000. I ordered some of both. Their automated order system didn't tell me they didn't have CCI #500 SPP's. With shipping, Hazmat fees and the mix of primers the cost will be about what I'm paying locally.