Timing yourself

The place to post targets and info for the GTOL .22 Postal League.

Moderators: Bullseye, perazzi, Moderators

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Timing yourself

Post by Georgezilla » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:09 pm

I now have access to an indoor range that's only about 15 minutes away from where I live, so I will now be able to consistently make it to the range even in the midst of midterms and finals. That being said, I'd like to get in on your postal league.

So now I'am wondering, how do I time myself on timed and rapid fire? Is there some sort of timer that has a delayed start/notification when time does start? Or is there some other method of timing?

Thanks.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Over at Bullseyepoistol.com there's a set of MP3 files for timed and rapid fire you can download. A set of earbuds in your mickeymouse ears and you can hear the commands for yourself. They are already cadenced for the commands and the stop timing for each string. Just use two timed fires and two rapid fires for a National Match course/Gallery course.

R,
Bullseye

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks Bullseye. All the more reason to get a new mp3 player (my last one finally died).

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 pm

I have been using the range command mp3's that Bullseye mentioned for quite a while now. I think it is very beneficial to use them during practice. I don't know if you are currently shooting in any live matches, but either way, it really helps to use them. I always struggled in real matches and still do, but getting used to hearing someone call the line, and to always be timed has helped me in the league I shoot in. It adds that little bit of extra pressure you feel during a match. Also, Bullseyepistol.com is a great place to learn all about the sport.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:58 am

Everyone around here is into IDPA/IPSC stuff, so there's no live matches.

I tried the mp3s and it is a bit different following the commands.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:06 am

In the bullseye range commands, you are not supposed to raise the pistol off the bench until the command, "Ready on the right." At that point you can raise and aim the pistol toward the target. If you have turning targets, you aim for the edge of the target facing you near the middle of the frame. The target should turn and face you pivoting on its center thereby placing the aiming black right where you are aiming. Each command should take approximately 3 seconds before the next one commences. After the command, "All ready on the firing line," the targets should turn, or the commence beep, sounds after three seconds of time has elapsed.

R,
Bullseye