Marksmanship musings...

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

perazzi

Marksmanship musings...

Post by perazzi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:45 pm

After shooting a great (for me) SF score (see postal league forum :)

Bullseye offered this advice..
Bullseye wrote:...... Write down what you were feeling when you were shooting that slow fire. You can refer to it later as you continue to refine your position shooting.

R,
Bullseye

I racked my brain to try and remember, and today I was reading an article http://www.lasc.us/FryxellCrackShot.htm describing exactly what I was trying to remember!

Separating the trigger finger from the hand....

I remember clearly now, making sure there was independent movement of my trigger finger during firing...

Just my thoughts....
~P~

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Great article.... thanks for the link !!!
A day without sunshine is like..... night.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Keeping a shooter's diary is a good way to remember the events that led to success. It is a great way to get into the shooting frame of mind prior to a match. It will build confidence and help you see how you've improved over time.

R,
Bullseye

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Bullseye wrote:Keeping a shooter's diary is a good way to remember the events that led to success. It is a great way to get into the shooting frame of mind prior to a match. It will build confidence and help you see how you've improved over time.

R,
Bullseye
Some more affirmation of the suggestion is also found here..

http://www.brianzins.com/category/fundamentals/

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:24 am

Another way to track performance is to use a Bullseye Pistol score (data) book. Record your scores, even if you just set up an Excel spread sheet for each of the 4 bullseye scores. That's right, I said four. They are: Slow Fire, Timed Fire, Rapid fire, and Match Aggregate. This is the typical score sheet found in my scorebook.

The left side of the form is for individual strings: slow, timed, and rapid. Typically a 900 match is two strings of each discipline tied in with a full NMC. That's what is on the right side of the page the NMC scores.

Save the image and print them out to make some for yourself, if you like.

R,
Bullseye