SWMBO Knows Best

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

SWMBO Knows Best

Post by greener » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:36 am

After quite a while trying to remove the front sight twitch I have in striker fired pistols, but not any other hand gun, SWMBO happened to be watching me dry fire with a laser. She asked why I was moving my pinky with the trigger finger. I had been fighting the twitch and my technique had drifted into trying to squeeze it out. The results weren't bad, but I didn't shoot them as well as I do other handguns. I know better but some bad habits are unconscious and expert advice always helps. SWMBO's forte is rifles and not handguns but her trigger technique is pretty good.

Took her advice, removed the pinky from the grip and Saturday both pistols had surprising accuracy since I didn't have to compensate for my error.

Now I have to break down and tell her she was right.

PS. If you are going to do the "Doh" and palm to the forehead bit, be sure you have no large objects in said palm. :lol:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:55 am

She knows that she was right. She may do the "Doh" thing when you admit it to her. Just be sure that she is over a soft surface when you tell her, that way when she passes out from the shock of you admitting it she won't be hurt. :D

R,
Bullseye