Flinching

A section to discuss marksmanship issues: techniques, equipment, experiences, etc.

Also, a place to ask marksmanship related questions to seek information from the vast knowledge base of this forum's membership.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:40 am

I'm sure that somewhere in this forum I have mentioned this little pearl of shooting wisdom - "Don't make the shot happen, let it happen." What this means is to concentrate 100% on your technique, the shot firing is a result, not a conscious action.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:46 am

Bullseye wrote:I'm sure that somewhere in this forum I have mentioned this little pearl of shooting wisdom - "Don't make the shot happen, let it happen." What this means is to concentrate 100% on your technique, the shot firing is a result, not a conscious action.

R,
Bullseye
That is tough for us old skeet and sporting clays shooters, as the trigger is slapped and not squeezed. We have to completely change game plans.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 am

Bullseye wrote:I'm sure that somewhere in this forum I have mentioned this little pearl of shooting wisdom - "Don't make the shot happen, let it happen." What this means is to concentrate 100% on your technique, the shot firing is a result, not a conscious action.

R,
Bullseye
Shooting Basics 101 and sometimes one of the hardest things to remember.