Ouch !!! (Graphic Photo Warning!)

The place to discuss all aspects of shotgun shooting.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Ouch !!! (Graphic Photo Warning!)

Post by Hakaman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:22 pm

This isn't my foot, but these photos were emailed to me from my gun club. My advice: When you rest the shotgun on your foot, don't pull the trigger. :alex:
Result of one single shell. Probably #8 shot. He appears to have been at a Fixed-Station Sporting Clays station. Note penetration site on foot. It always amazes me how resilient flesh is, up to a point, though.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:25 pm

Holy Crap! I would rather jam my barrel in the dirt between shots than run that risk.
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Another good reason to shoot sporting clays with an O/U shotgun, When it is open and you rest it on your foot you know it can not go off when opened and you sure know if it is loaded or not. Have more than one pair of shoes with barrel marks on the toe from resting the gun. It is just a common thing with skeet and sporting clays shooters but with an opened break action gun.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:47 am

The other thing is WTF, this picture appears to be taken at home. Anyone who has even had an infected hangnail on a big toe remembers just how important that toe is to walking, and that puppy is 3/4 gone. Yes, baom, O/U sales at his club should be up markedly. In a time long ago and far away I was in a naval hospital and there was a dink being treated for damage to his foot. Seems he was(alleged) trying to cause an "accident" to his foot with a 12 ga riot gun in order to be discharged from service. Lets just say he misjudged things and had many issues to deal with,none of them good.
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:21 am

KAZ wrote:The other thing is WTF, this picture appears to be taken at home. Anyone who has even had an infected hangnail on a big toe remembers just how important that toe is to walking, and that puppy is 3/4 gone. Yes, baom, O/U sales at his club should be up markedly. In a time long ago and far away I was in a naval hospital and there was a dink being treated for damage to his foot. Seems he was(alleged) trying to cause an "accident" to his foot with a 12 ga riot gun in order to be discharged from service. Lets just say he misjudged things and had many issues to deal with,none of them good.
Many years ago, mid 70's while dirt bike riding, I sprained my right big toe badly. Got over it all right but at time the joint causes problems and I have a problem walking because the big toe does all the work of balance and pusing off the step. Without it you walk awfully funny.

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:34 pm

I got that picture in an email a week or so ago, purporting to be a wound from a .45

Picture appears to be real, story surrounding it appears to be, uh... "fertilizer".
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:50 pm

Downeaster wrote:I got that picture in an email a week or so ago, purporting to be a wound from a .45

Picture appears to be real, story surrounding it appears to be, uh... "fertilizer".
Syynthetic or natural?