Changing Host/Server providers

The place for forum admin/management related questions.

Moderator: Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Changing Host/Server providers

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:29 pm

Guntalk will be changing host/server providers over the next couple of weeks due to a increasingly slow access time to the forums. The current host (Globat) is not living up to the quality standards for this type of forum. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the short term but in the long term the forum will benefit greatly.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Changing Host/Server providers

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:45 pm

Bullseye wrote:Guntalk will be changing host/server providers over the next couple of weeks due to a increasingly slow access time to the forums. The current host (Globat) is not living up to the quality standards for this type of forum. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the short term but in the long term the forum will benefit greatly.

R,
Bullseye
Good luck with the change Bullseye, have notced a very slow load time lately here nad also on the Matk II forum. We get so used to instant response that is sure looks bad when it takes a long time to load.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:23 pm

I hear that Len! Once I get the forum files backed up I'll be switching to a new server. Unfortunately the slow access problem is affecting my ability to download the files too. Once I get that complete, the switchover will take place.

R,
Bullseye