Spamming

The place for forum admin/management related questions.

Moderator: Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Spamming

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:27 pm

This forum has had the "Guest" posting deactivated due to abuse by spammers. I will not allow any spamming on this forum. Therefore I have taken corrective action to reduce them from gaining access to your computer via this format. For me, this is a daily chore - like taking out the garbage. Anyone found spamming will be banned. I have altered fields in the registration forms to reduce spammers from implanting their harmful links in the forum. I can remove any screen field (like occupation and interests) if they persist in using these to post links.

For the registered membership, Do not click or paste these spam links into your browsers, I cannot guarantee their content. I do guarantee the content of this forum will be in good taste and relative to the subject of shooting sports and firearms. If you see any posts you feel are harmful or not in good taste IAW the intended content of this forum, PM or email me and I will remove the offending material as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support,
Bullseye

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:43 pm

sorry you have to be a Hall-Monitor in addition to our "teacher"...
I, for one, can do without the extraneous software features.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

spammers

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:27 am

Good Job Bullseye.

While checking some of the spammer posts as a moderator on MaRKiii, every once in a whild I would click on one of the links just out of curiosity and a lot of times they would immediatly trigger my virus filter. They definitely are a problem and we do noit need another haooening such as MarkII had and toook so long to corret.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:32 am

Continued vigilance is just part of the responsibility of having a discussion forum. I will always do my best to ensure the quality of this forum. IMO spamming is not free speech, its techno terrorism and I will not stand for it, not on this forum.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:28 pm

Bullseye wrote:Continued vigilance is just part of the responsibility of having a discussion forum. I will always do my best to ensure the quality of this forum. IMO spamming is not free speech, its techno terrorism and I will not stand for it, not on this forum.

R,
Bullseye
Got to agree with you fully on that comment. Remember that in every herd od horses you will always find a jackass or two.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:00 pm

Thanks for watching out for our interests, Bullseye. I certainly appreciate all that you do on this forum as I'm sure others do also.