Can't log on

The place for forum admin/management related questions.

Moderator: Bullseye

somebody

Can't log on

Post by somebody » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:36 am

Registered a few days ago, saw myself as newest member but never got my email from you to validate. I did receive the auto generated email telling me I would get another email.
Need help please
Smoky :oops:
Now it won't let me post because the "user name already taken" Coming as somebody

somebody

Post by somebody » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:38 am

Should tell you I regerested as Smoky14

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:12 am

Smoky14,

Your account has not been activated because your Hotmail E-mail address is bouncing back as invalid. To have full access to the Guntalk-Online forums, all members must have a valid email addresses or I will not approve their accounts. If you feel this is in error or you wish to update your email address: You can email me via my profile and send me a new address. I will verify the address, and if valid, approve your membership account.

I regret that this level of membership scrutiny has become necessary, but Spammers and Spam Bots have been steadily attempting to place harmful links within this forum. In order to combat these attempts and protect the membership, I have instituted a higher threshold of security.

A valid email address is necessary to receive messages from the forum. If you select to watch certain threads you will receive autogenerated messages from the software. What happens is, my mailbox receives all messages that cannot be delivered after 4 hours of attempts. Any accounts that have invalid address will be deactivated.

I do not wish to discourage legitimate members, just those who wish to do our membership harm through spamming.

Thank you,
Bullseye

somebody

Post by somebody » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:40 am

Received and returned your email. Also got email you sent to check link
Thanks Smoky

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:02 pm

Smoky,

I have activated your membership account. You should now be able to use your user name and password to gain access to the forum.

Welcome aboard GunTalk-Online!

Thanks for all your patience.

R,
Bullseye

somebody

Post by somebody » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:00 am

Bull: I'm back to being unable to log in. I worked good for a couple days now I can't log on.
Sorry to be such a pain, will go away if that would help, but would love to stay.
Smoky

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:22 am

Smoky14,

Your account is showing active. If you are having trouble with the current password, I can give you a new temporary one. The temp password would allow you back in the forum and then you can change the password in your profile to a new one. Also please ensure you're using the user name of "smoky14"; that is with no space between the name and number.

R,
Bullseye

smoky14

Post by smoky14 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:09 pm

Well the problem was my computer not playing well with your site. My DLL cashe was all messed up so I'm on a public puter. Most likely be thrown out because this is NOT a PC site. Ya' gottta love it.

Smoky the persistant :twisted:

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:09 pm

smoky14 wrote:Smoky the persistant
NM is my 2nd-favorite state... are you near the "Smoky Bear" area ?
(ie. NOT: "Smokey THE Bear" area? ).
hang-in-there... this forum is worth the effort to get the kinks fixed...