Changing Host ISP

The place for forum admin/management related questions.

Moderator: Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Changing Host ISP

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:09 pm

The forum database will experience a temporary interruption later tonight as I switch the Hosting ISP. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

R,
Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:29 pm

Well in the middle of switching ISPs the new host provider decided to take their servers down for maintenance. What this means is the above mentioned switch will take place tonight instead. If anyone logs in, you will be sent to a temporary URL and auto-redirected to GT-OL. Once the new host switches the domain then the conversion will be complete and no rerouting will take place. Hopefully there won't be any inconvenience for any of the membership. If there is, please accept my apology in advance.

R,
Bullseye

Redirection and Login

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:56 am

Something seems to be misbehaving with the new host. The automatic redirection does not seem to be working but I get to the site when I click on the link. However, once I get to the site on the new host and try logging in I am sent to the redirection page again. And since the redirection does not seem to be working I have to click on the link again but I am not logged in. It becomes and endless loop.

DancesWithSquirrels

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:38 am

It seems to be working fine right now. MarkII.org has some real problems yet, can not get it to work at all. :lol:
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:37 am

Sorry for the inconvenience. Everything should work normally now.

Our host change over is complete and I've removed the routing redirect coding this morning.

If you continue to have problems, clear out your internet cookies for Guntalk, and clear out your temporary internet files for Guntalk and try it again. That should fix you up.

R,
Bullseye

DancesWithSquirrels
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Back to normal - Whew!

Post by DancesWithSquirrels » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:48 pm

Looks like everything here is behaving for me now. But MarkII.org is really a sick puppy right now.

DWS

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:00 pm

My Internet browser has been acting funny since the ISP changeover, locking up my terminal when I switch around in the forums. I checked and only my machine is doing it, the others in the house are fine. I switched over to Firefox and everything appears to be running smoothly again. I'm not sure what happened but even after I dumped all my cookies and temporary Internet files the system would crash hard at really odd times. No problems now with firefox.

R,
Bullseye

[Edit - now that I've downloaded Firefox my Password and Name are autofilling into the log in box. This apparently is a function of the Firefox Browser program performing this task and not the phbb software. Firefox is a free download and so far I like what I see. Bullseye]

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:11 am

As I have said, I downloaded Firefox browser and it's great. I did find one thing that is important to know - Firefox is extremely syntax sensitive. Pictures or graphics with any capitol letters in the URL address will not load with Firefox, even though other browsers like IE will display them regardless of URL letter case.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:05 pm

Bullseye wrote:As I have said, I downloaded Firefox browser and it's great. I did find one thing that is important to know - Firefox is extremely syntax sensitive. Pictures or graphics with any capitol letters in the URL address will not load with Firefox, even though other browsers like IE will display them regardless of URL letter case.

R,
Bullseye
You know I have had problems with IE6 also, I have SBC DSL and use the Yahoo SBC browser also and I also have Firefox and think it is very good also. Have had Firefox bercause the SBc browserwill not let me use a chat rood wihout clicikng the cursor back on every 10 seconds or so. John Caradimus or El Caommandanter of 1911.org suggested thait browser also. Using SBC or IE6 to get to my website, there is no sound but if you use Firefox the xound
I added is there and I thought it was not working, Try my website and see what you get. :?:
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:48 pm

I tried your website in IE and Forefox and it is not coming up for me. I'll try again a little later and see if the host is just having temporary problems.

Well I went back and read the site a little closer here's what it said,
Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
R,
Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:16 pm

Len,

Your site's working now. Looks good on Firefox right down to the amimated pooch.

R,
Bullseye