Welcome to GunTalk-Online! , Forum notes

The place for forum admin/management related questions.

Moderator: Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Welcome to GunTalk-Online! , Forum notes

Post by Bullseye » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:42 am

This forum is for anyone to suggest ideas on how to make GunTalk-Online a better place to visit. This is also the place for guests to ask questions or to get assistance with registering for the Bulletin Board.

Anyone can post support questions like: How do I....?, Why won't my...?, What if we...?, I can't register with my...?, or anything of that nature.

I'll do my best to answer your questions. I'll bet if I don't know the answer to your question, one of our many talented members does. I know a little about the subject of firearms but bulletin board management is new to me, so it might take a little time for me to figure out a problem but I will get back to you.

This bulletin board format was free software, so I have some limitations on changes to the style and format. If you don't like something about the board, here's the place to say it with maturity and civility. If you like something we're doing, then this is the place to voice that thought too.

In summary, I want all your visits here to Guntalk-Online to be very pleasant experiences. Thank you for your membership here at GunTalk-online.

Your Host,
Bullseye

wlambert
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by wlambert » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:00 pm

For free software, it appears to be pretty nice.

wlambert
NRA Benefactor
Lehigh Valley Police Revolver League
Guthsville Pistol League

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:01 pm

I'm still tweaking it. I just added the custom folder pictures and I'm colorizing them for the various applications.

I've also added rank level icons and playing with how those look. I'm not star crazy, I just didn't like what was available for firearms related downloads. Actually, my icon had site admin written in it right below the stars and the software was printing the wording twice, so I just added a second row of stars to cover that up. I'll probably make some of my own custom icons later.

Bullseye