Segway Scope Leveler

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Segway Scope Leveler

Post by charlesb » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Today I used my Segway scope leveler and took pictures, so I could share my experience with it.

Click image to see it larger.

Here it is, in all it's glory:

I'll be the first to admit that the Segway, and even its name seems pretty hokey, at first sight. - I felt dubious about spending 15 bucks on it, but I thought I'd give it a try.

It goes on like this:

The brass rod that goes across is square in cross-section. You put it on something flat (usually the scope mount bases) and then peer through the scope to see if the cross-hairs are lined up with the horizontal lines on the Segway. The rubber-band holds it in place, you adjust the band so that the scope leveler is flat and square on whatever you have the brass cross-bar sitting on. In my case, it went into one of the cuts in the picatinny rail. On another gun, it sat on top of the bases, just behind the ring.

The funny part is the Segway, hokey though it may be, works better, quicker, and much easier than anything else I've tried.

I've used it on several guns now, and have become quite dependent upon it. - I do not see any reason to waste time or money on anything else.

A great product, I highly recommend it, though you might want to keep it in a drawer or something so nobody will see it laying around in your shop.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:03 pm

Simple just means there's less things to break when you need them most.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:44 pm

I've got a plastic gadget, the Tasco Scope Guide, for setting scopes that put me back a whole eight dollars. I don't think it's made anymore. An LGS had it, along with a quarter inch of dust on top.

It's not perfect, but will get a new scope within a couple of clicks each way. Well worth my eight bucks. Cheap isn't always a bad thing.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols