KDF 2005 and two more Mossbergs

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:18 am

You mean he noticed you leaving his house with a newly acquired limp?

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:48 am

Bullseye wrote:You mean he noticed you leaving his house with a newly acquired limp?

R,
Bullseye
That Greener is a shifty on, Last week Wednesday we had a face to face at my local range and had an enjoyable day of shooting. I let him shoot one of my 10/22's but kept a close on on him as he loaded his car, of course my guard dog and faithful companion Bear was on full red alert.
:P
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:36 pm

Bullseye wrote:You mean he noticed you leaving his house with a newly acquired limp?

R,
Bullseye
I packed up before he got up. He just decided to "help" rearrange the stuff. Tried to distract me by having me hold my grandson. You know, he didn't believe me on Wednesday when I denied any knowledge of how his .44 Alaskan got in my range bag. All that when I went the extra mile and unpacked his weapons and gear after shooting.

He did show me how well he has taken care of my camping gear that somehow didn't get packed for the move to Virginia.

Len, I thought Bear was just being friendly, never taking his eyes off me. :lol:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:50 pm

greener wrote:

R,
Bullseye

Len, I thought Bear was just being friendly, never taking his eyes off me. :lol:
You got to realize that his friendly exterior covers the hide of a trained killer. Especially if you are a mole, woodchuck or racoon, for the heavy stuff he knows that the oldman always has a 1911'or more on the ready. :lol: :lol:

greener

Post by greener » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:24 pm

I was outgunned, outshot and definitely outwoofed. Had a great time. :lol:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:42 pm

greener wrote:I was outgunned, outshot and definitely outwoofed. Had a great time. :lol:
So did we, Bear and I had so much fun that we both had to take a well deserved nap when we got home.
Think I have the cure for that scope problem it's not the focus or the parallax but the eye relief that is causing the problem Ruger 10/22's were made to shoot with iron sights as a result the comb is way too low for those 50mm scopes using extra high rings to keep the objective end bell from touching the barrel. It is hard to hold your head in the right place off the comb. just got back from Gander Mountain and bought a Beartooth com raising kit, fabric pull over sleeve with foam pads under neath to adjust the comb height, will try it out tomorrow.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:19 am

I take it Greener has relatives in Michigan. Nice that you two (three plus Bear) had a good time. I hope the wedding went well.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:32 am

I lived in SW Michigan (Kalamazoo) for 20 years. The daughter who got married lives in Lansing and my son lives in the Kalamazoo area. The wedding went well. I haven't heard that my son-in-law wants a refund yet.

Got a break from the father-of-the-bride routine and did a little shooting with Len and Bear. Thoroughly enjoyed the morning.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:53 pm

Bullseye wrote:I take it Greener has relatives in Michigan. Nice that you two (three plus Bear) had a good time. I hope the wedding went well.

R,
Bullseye
Would have been even better if the real Bullsye could have been there. You are a double distinguished and Rob and I could have been the double extiguished. Sure would have been a great day with the 4 of us.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:57 pm

greener wrote:I lived in SW Michigan (Kalamazoo) for 20 years. The daughter who got married lives in Lansing and my son lives in the Kalamazoo area. The wedding went well. I haven't heard that my son-in-law wants a refund yet.
Just tell him you are sorry but he needs proof of purchase and if the merchandise has been used he cann not return it for anything. :oops: