Current State of my CZ455 (Cheek Riser Boyds Stock)

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:31 am

J. you are definitely the man, and I will take my hat off to you for damn sure. Anyone the could cut the stock that well with a hand held scroll saw and keep it that square is really in control. I have a whole shop full of woodworking tools except for a planer and a band saw, and even if 'I had them I would hesitate on that job. 40 years ago I probably done it if I had the equipment. Don't sell the stock 10/22 short, I have 6 of them and 4 of them are still box stock except for a trigger job from my LGS. 2 have Revolution stocks, both have GM barrels, one a .920 the other a sporter.
IO have a Classic III that is a Ruger special built for Talo, it shot well from the start, so I wondered how much better it would shoot, bedded and floated by my LGSS. Shot one mag full and did not get a decent group but more or less a pattern, like a shotgun. Put a pressure pad under the barrel at the forfend and it was shooting great again. Also have an International with the Manlcher stock that shoot well stock.
Last edited by bearandoldman on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:55 am

here are some targets

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Took the 10/22 Classic III out today to see if it still shoot as well as this spring. This is the first ten rounds out of it with no warm-ups and looks like the scope may have got bumped and lost the zero but the grouping was great.