Post by rabbit hunter » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:58 pm

Does anyone on the forum have any knowledge/experience with this
22 lever action?

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:44 am

First, Welcome.
I haven't seen one, or know anyone who has shot it. Most of the reviews I've read say it's a pretty good buy.
Hang around, and someone here should be able to help.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:09 am

Welcome to GunTalk-Online!

I moved this to the rifle forum where more folks will see your inquiry and since this is a 30-30 cal lever rifle. When I first saw one of these my first impression was that's a copy of the Winchester Model 94. I was mostly right. Since 94's aren't made anymore this is a well made replacement. Mossberg has a reputation for making good firearms and I'm sure this one will end up as a great lever rifle.

R,
Bullseye

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:09 pm

I moved this back to the rimfire rifle forum. Thanks, I didn't see the .22 cal version of this rifle even though the OP said it was a 22 lever action.

I make mistakes too.

R,
Bullseye

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:55 pm

My apology if I seemed to be less than respectful or polite with my previous post. That was not my intention.
Also, I can't remember perviously seeing any company giving a .22 cal the same model designation as a center fire. Even Win. did 9422 to clarify that issue.
Given some thought, I think maybe Mossberg made a marketing error here, as even on their site, I had to toggle the "more models" button to get to the .22 version. Usually, if I were looking for something, and gave a model #, and it turned out to not be what I was looking for, then I would just go on to something else. In short, I think Mossberg may be costing themselves some sales because of this.
The rifle looks a lot like the Henry .22 levers, and could probably be direct competition if the Mossberg could be found more easily when searching for .22 lever actions.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:00 am

Medicine Hat wrote:My apology if I seemed to be less than respectful or polite with my previous post.
No apology necessary, I didn't see your post as being anything other than respectful. I'm glad you saw the 22 version and placed a link. I thought the OP had made a mistake in the forum placement. My comment was more about an oops on my part for moving it in the first place.

R,
Bullseye