barrels, what kind?

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

barrels, what kind?

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Barrels stock and aftermarket. Decided to do a test today on 2 like guns. Mr T a pretty much stock 10/22T other than a trigger job by my local shop/gunsmith, washer and pressure pad an Tasco 10-40x50 scope. Pretty Boy my old 4 digit carbine receiver with the same trigger job and scope in a Revolution thumbhole stock with a Green Mountain 20 inch blued and flute .920 barrel with the same washer and pad setup. Both guns will shoot pretty much the same with Wolf MT, maybe a slight edge to the GM barrel. The T barrel I believe is exceptional for a stock Gun and both my GM barrel guns shoot very well also.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:42 pm

They look pretty close to equal to me. Without using a set of caliper to measure the spread it would be hard to pick a winner.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:08 pm

blue68f100 wrote:They look pretty close to equal to me. Without using a set of caliper to measure the spread it would be hard to pick a winner.
Right you are Blue, but if you look at the center and right groups in the bottom row, they are more consistent. All groups were shot after a sightre bull of 5 was shot and then the 3 groulps from left to right to keep things equal.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:50 am

You could say the same thing about the outer targets on the top....

When I see one that it a little high or low it make me wonder if the velocity was the same. Too bad you did not measure the velocity of each rounds. I know of one person on another forum every time he shoots he sets up his crony to have all of the variables.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:26 am

The high or low are most likely a shooter problem, did not really try to totally zero the scope. Really interested in the grouping, need a better rest to really tell.