Replace 10/22 firing pin roll pin with solid?

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Yes, then I heard they switched back to the solid pin.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:07 pm

ruger22 wrote:Didn't Ruger in the last year or so replace the same pin in the pistol bolt with a roll pin, instead of the solid pin that oft times fell out unnoticed?[/quot

BAOM, I wasn't making fun of the mis-spelling. The "i" is next to the "u" on the keyboard. It is fun sometimes how a typo comes out as good as a thought out joke. I am a bad two finger typer. I usually have to fix several typos before I click the Submit button.
I really depend on spell check due to my poor typing skills, but in this case the word was not spelled wrong, it was just not the intended word. Although sometimes things just turn to that anyway. Typing poorly is caused by old fingers and other old parts also.
i usually run it once through spell check and the send it on it's way without really proofing it. :wink:
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:29 am

BOAM wrote:I really depend on spell check due to my poor typing skills, but in this case the word was not spelled wrong, it was just not the intended word. Although sometimes things just turn to that anyway. Typing poorly is caused by old fingers and other old parts also.
i usually run it once through spell check and the send it on it's way without really proofing it. :wink:
Lets see now, Arthritis in hands (ex-carpenter), age, screen, and keyboard are in different planes of vision (bi-focals), continuous brain farts, and being a terminal klutz too. Yep, I can understand the typing issues.
3 rules of aging =1. never pass a bathroom. 2. never trust a fa_t
3. ................darn, can't remember.
Rats, 3 edits and still errors, I give up.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:46 am

Just take the glasses off and they all will look the same. :? Out of focus
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

greener

Post by greener » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:25 pm

<ctrl> + (control plus) a few times and you won't need your glasses, or have to peer through bifocals. It helps to have a bigger monitor when you do that.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:02 pm

greener wrote:<ctrl> + (control plus) a few times and you won't need your glasses, or have to peer through bifocals. It helps to have a bigger monitor when you do that.
Also, Firefox has built-in spell check

dacaur

Post by dacaur » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:09 pm

bigfatdave wrote:
greener wrote:<ctrl> + (control plus) a few times and you won't need your glasses, or have to peer through bifocals. It helps to have a bigger monitor when you do that.
Also, Firefox has built-in spell check
You can also use the google toolbar if you use IE, it has a spell check button, and autofill to automaticaly fill in forms (name, adress etc)